See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 June 2018

While this is not the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in, it's definitely not too bad. As some other reviews have mentioned, the door of the room across from ours was wide open all the time. I didn't look too closely at what was inside the room, but they were definitely doing some work on the hotel while we were there, so it was probably just something to do with remodeling in progress. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The mini-refrigerator in the room looked like it might have been made in the 1970s, but it worked. The bathroom fixtures were pretty old as well, but again, they worked fine. For the price, the room was just fine for an overnight stay, and I can't say that I felt unsafe at any time. Didn't try the breakfast, so I can't comment on that.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 May 2018

My family stayed at this property in April. Sadly, the only encouraging things I can say are that the desk staff were courteous and the wifi worked. This property is very badly run down. Doors are ripped off their hinges--the room across from ours was filled with furniture stacked to the ceiling and there was debris sitting on the floor by the open door. A television set was sitting in the hallway! The back parking lot was filled with furniture from tables to nightstands to chairs, etc. Walls in my room and throughout the hallways had golf ball size dents and holes in them. I wouldn't consider returning unless this hotel undergoes a thorough renovation.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 483sophias
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Had a terrible experience here 2 weeks ago. Our room was FILLED with bugs. Crawling in the beds, on the table. We look up and there's at least 100 bugs on the ceiling. The hotel first said there were no other rooms available to move us to and would not give a refund. As soon as I mentioned calling my lawyer, they said 'oh there's one more room left!' and moved us there. I asked for a refund, and they refused to give us one. My skin felt like it was crawling the whole night. They have still refused to give us a refund and I had to report the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Hope O
Reviewed 27 April 2018

My stay at the Lancaster PA Econolodge on 4/13/2018 was absolutely horrendous and disappointing. The receptionist who was working that night was extremely helpful and answered all of my questions. I requested that my teenaged children go upstairs due to the late night time of our arrival while I completed the check in process. This request was granted and I completed the check in and followed them up about ten minutes later.

Once I reached the top of the stairs I noticed a complete change to the hotel. In the lobby area It looked clean, safe and organized and I believed I was going to be happy with my stay at this location. Upon arriving on the second floor I noticed a door up against the wall at the end of the hallway (picture included in this email), then as I walked further down the hallway towards my room, #206 I came across room #207 which was frightening and concerning to me. It looked like someone busted down the door and that there was some form of criminal activity done inside the room (picture included in this email). I was going to leave but due to two of the girls already sleeping I decided to stay for the night. Once I entered my room the girl who was still awake was nervous about staying the night and explained the negative feelings of the hotel and how they felt unsafe. If they had not been up for almost 24 hours and drove in the car from MA they would have also been awake. That same girl asked me to look out the window to the view (pics also included in this email) due to it not looking any safer or peaceful as you can see broken glass and other debris out there. Due to being exhausted and knowing that if I tried to leave and find another place to stay I would not have been driving around safely. That was my final reason of making the decision to stay and lay down for a few hours. Before leaving I realized the toilet was broken and would not flush leaving it unsanitary in the bathroom as we all had to use it. I also decided to take a shower and the water remained cold the whole time and would not become warm or hot.

I went down to the front desk at 7:00 a.m. to leave and explained my feelings of not being satisficed to the gentleman working the front desk. He had an attitude in his voice and informed me that there was nothing he would do for me. There was another lady (a new one from my check in) who understood where I was coming from and asked the gentleman if he was sure there was nothing he could or would do for me.

Room Tip: Choose an entirely different hotel if you want to choose a good room
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank callahandaryl74
DIP P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

We highly regret the inconvenience caused to you. We are in the process of changing the room decor and furniture. Also doors of couple of rooms are being replaced. The work is to be completed shortly. The security and comfort of our guests are the primary aim of the management.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Was very pleased with this hotel everyone was nice and the continental breakfast was good we like trying new places to stay but I would go back and would recommend this to everyone who is on a tight budget

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bonniekleha
DIP P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

I am very glad to hear that you had very pleased stay here. It is such review that help and motivate our staff to do a better job. I am privileged to share. Thank you so much for your feedback. See you soon!