“Not a four, anymore”

Ranked #39 of 622 Restaurants in Lancaster
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: We have a fantastic menu to offer each and every guests that comes in the door! A place where you will always feel welcome and enjoy a fabulous meal at a great price! We know how often our guests eat breakfast at many different times of the day, so we now serve breakfast menu all day!
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

The Belgian waffle sounded good so I asked if the syrup was maple. No.
So, I ordered BLT on toast.
When I saw yellow packages of sweetener, I thought aha❗️ Splenda. But the label was not that.
I chose cold slaw and regretted it when I saw the thin white low viscosity liquid oozing from it.
The sandwich itself had so much white liquid on it that it’s true taste was obscured.
Too bad; it used to be a good place.

James N, Owner at Ida's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are disappointed to see that you did not fully enjoy your dining experience this time with us! We hope that this visit does not deter you from joining us again in the future.Have a great day.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Ida’s is a small cafe that only serves breakfast & lunch. The atmosphere is cozy, the selections are varied, the waitress was friendly and attentive. I had the crepes and my husband had steak & eggs. We were both very satisfied with the potions, the tastes, the hot coffee & the presentation.

James N, Owner at Ida's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Thanks for the amazing review! We hope to see you both again very soon!

Reviewed 22 December 2017

My wife loves the French toast with the raspberry crème filling and it has strawberries, blue berries and bananas with it. It is outstanding. I enjoy the omelets and other egg breakfast entrees. Small, cozy and good coffee and excellent service.....

James N, Owner at Ida's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Randy, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review and rating. We are so happy you enjoyed our french toast. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Cold food, cold room.
This was a disappointing breakfast. I was looking forward to having breakfast at Ida's as the reviews were good and I love breakfast. I ordered the crab benedict and coffee and orange juice. The crab meat was cold and the whole thing lacked flavor. It wasn't worth the price.
The waitress was nice, but never checked back on me after I was brought my meal.
The AC was very cold. It was probably set this way because the waitstaff & kitchen staff get warm, but for those of us sitting and eating it was very cold. The coffee could't warm me up.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Having family in Lancaster gives me the advantage of finding local spots. Ida's Cafe is one of those. It is a small family owned restaurant serving breakfast and lunch. I have eaten breakfast there twice and both times the food has been delicious. Great omelettes and breakfast specialties. Pumpkin pancakes, french toast and Belgian and regular waffles are also on the menu. Generous servings. Skip the hotel breakfast and try Ida's instead.

James N, Owner at Ida's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2017

Thank you so much for the kind review and rating, 1Jett! We are thrilled to see how much you and your family enjoy dining with us! We hope to see you again soon! Have a great day!