“Eat early - avoid the crowd”

Legal Sea Foods - King of Prussia
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mall Blvd
Description: Legal Sea Foods is a Philly favorite. Come for the seafood and stay to shop. Our restaurant is located in the Main Line at the King of Prussia Mall, which is situated just 15 minutes northwest of Philadelphia. Surrounded by hotels and near both the Valley Forge Convention Center and Valley Forge National Historic Site, we are at a mall entrance on the upper level of the Court, easily identified by the gilded fish out front. Guests get reeled in by our buzz-worthy lounge and comfortable dining room. Half-shell hedonists may sit at our 10-seat horse-shoe shaped oyster bar where slurping is encouraged. Or for those on the go, our adjacent take-out counter casts a wide net.
Reviewed 18 February 2017

So as not to be rushed we wanted to eat early before going to see a 7pm movie ten minutes away. the restaurant on the top level of the K of P Mall was not where we thought it was so i called Legal Seafood. With all due respect, the young lady who answered the phone had no idea of their location other than it was on the top level of the mall. After wandering around the top level parking we found it next to Bloomingdales.
We were so early the restaurant was not crowded.
Friendly reception and show to our reserved table. We each ordered the least expensive glass of chardonnay ($9.55 ) the other whites were considerably more costly. Considering tax we thought the wine prices were high.
We both ordered the same. a cup of cream of crab soup which was OK however, we considered it uninteresting. We each stayed with another appetizer. My friend had a large bowl the size of a dinner plate mounded with sautéed mussels in garlic,red pepper flakes & white wine. It was a little short on the liquid. I am sure my friend could have more as nothing was too much trouble for our waitress. I ordered the crabs cake appetizer which was pricey $18.00 for an appetizer . The crab cake appeared to have no filler (yea for that) and was attractively plated with a drizzled sauce and small salad. The crab cake was more than enough and had a delicious flavor. We did not have room for dessert. Something else that was particularly nice was when I wanted to ask for crackers I immediately caught the eyes of three wait staff. One name but they were all eager to come over. My only comment on the bread is nice country style bread would be more appealing than the (warm) round roll and little pat of butter wrapped in its foil paper..The roll was uninteresting and one pat insufficient.

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

For a chain restaurant the seafood and services very good consistently. This is attached to the court at the King of Prussia Mall. Every time I have been there the fish is fresh and the service is good. There is also a large bar section for happy hour. You definitely need reservations for weekend nights Thursday through Sunday. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a good meal if you were in the King of Prussia area.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Best fish and chips ever! Fish was light and not greasy and the fries were great. We sat at the bar. Our bartender was a delightful woman who was quick and helpful since I had a hard time picking a cocktail. The espresso martini was amazing!

Reviewed 14 February 2017

My wife and I are here on Saturday night and overall it was a very good experience. the seafood was excellent and the service was just as good.

I had the chef's choice platter, which was swordfish, tuna, salmon, shrimp and scallops. Plenty of food and all quite good - great mixture! I wasn't a huge fan of the brown rice but it was fine. My wife had the salmon and risotto which was also excellent! It comes with quite a few shrimp (6 or 7 I believe?).

Service was excellent - personable, knowledgeable and attentive.

Prices are reasonable but certainly not cheap at ~$30 for each of the meals mentioned above.

My only real issue is that the seating had us sitting literally a foot away from another couple. Unfortunately said couple was very loud and made it difficult for my wife and I to even have a reasonable conversation. Lucky for us, they left about 15 min after we got there (last seating of the night so no one sat there afterwards). The couple on the other side was close as well and would sometimes interject with comments whenever we'd say something to the waiter. My point is that it is close quarters (too close for my liking) and is certainly not "intimate" or relaxing in any way for couples.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 9 February 2017

I am not a big seafood person, but I do like this place. Clam chowder is a must. The Calamari is really good too.

Date of visit: October 2016