“Good Seafood”

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mall Blvd
Description: Legal Sea Foods is a Philly favorite. Come for the seafood and stay to shop. Our restaurant is located in the Main Line at the King of Prussia Mall, which is situated just 15 minutes northwest of Philadelphia. Surrounded by hotels and near both the Valley Forge Convention Center and Valley Forge National Historic Site, we are at a mall entrance on the upper level of the Court, easily identified by the gilded fish out front. Guests get reeled in by our buzz-worthy lounge and comfortable dining room. Half-shell hedonists may sit at our 10-seat horse-shoe shaped oyster bar where slurping is encouraged. Or for those on the go, our adjacent take-out counter casts a wide net.
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

For a chain restaurant the seafood and services very good consistently. This is attached to the court at the King of Prussia Mall. Every time I have been there the fish is fresh and the service is good. There is also a large bar section for happy hour. You definitely need reservations for weekend nights Thursday through Sunday. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a good meal if you were in the King of Prussia area.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Best fish and chips ever! Fish was light and not greasy and the fries were great. We sat at the bar. Our bartender was a delightful woman who was quick and helpful since I had a hard time picking a cocktail. The espresso martini was amazing!

Reviewed 14 February 2017

My wife and I are here on Saturday night and overall it was a very good experience. the seafood was excellent and the service was just as good.

I had the chef's choice platter, which was swordfish, tuna, salmon, shrimp and scallops. Plenty of food and all quite good - great mixture! I wasn't a huge fan of the brown rice but it was fine. My wife had the salmon and risotto which was also excellent! It comes with quite a few shrimp (6 or 7 I believe?).

Service was excellent - personable, knowledgeable and attentive.

Prices are reasonable but certainly not cheap at ~$30 for each of the meals mentioned above.

My only real issue is that the seating had us sitting literally a foot away from another couple. Unfortunately said couple was very loud and made it difficult for my wife and I to even have a reasonable conversation. Lucky for us, they left about 15 min after we got there (last seating of the night so no one sat there afterwards). The couple on the other side was close as well and would sometimes interject with comments whenever we'd say something to the waiter. My point is that it is close quarters (too close for my liking) and is certainly not "intimate" or relaxing in any way for couples.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 9 February 2017

I am not a big seafood person, but I do like this place. Clam chowder is a must. The Calamari is really good too.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 4 February 2017

I just enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Legal Seafood. Two things made it special. Being a Celiac patient makes it very rare that I can get a warm roll and butter and rarely can I get French Fried potatoes. No problem at Legal. Our server, Leslie, went above and beyond to be sure that my diet was a priority and her service was extraordinary. I can't wait to go back to have Fish and Chips. A meal that is almost impossible when dining out for gluten free dieters. I might add that the deep fryer is dedicated to gluten free foods so there is no cross contamination. Thank you Legal and thank you Leslie for a wonderful evening!