1,759 results
All reviews golf course brend hotels golf break brend group golf club round of golf sea view main restaurant indoor and outdoor pools pitch and putt lounge bar lovely hotel tennis courts four star hotel wine list deluxe room restaurant staff
Reviewed 21 May 2017

Stayed at Carlyon Bay, for a two day golf break along with 23 friends. My personal experience was all good. From the moment of arrival until leaving all the staff were very pleasant, well mannered, helpful, professional and thoughtful. The room was well laid out, and had everything I needed for my stay. The hotel overall was an excellent experience . I played two rounds of golf on the hotels course, and found it in very good condition ( compliments to green staff ). The staff in the club house and pro shop, were pleasant and helpful, and a good selection of snacks to choose from.
I would highly recommend my stay at the hotel and the golf course to others

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Colin M
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

The hotel is fine, not quite as special as I was hoping for.

Great place I am sure, if you are retired looking for some cheesy entertainment of an evening.

Food at the main restaurant was lovely however the bar food was not as nice as I thought it would be for the price.

Breakfast was pretty basic and not much different to premier inn. I would have thought a hotel of this Calibre to have butcher sausages and real back bacon rather than the cheap of cheap on offer.

The grounds are lovely and the views are exceptional, providing you get an sea view room!

Stayed for 3 nights paid a premium but don't feel we got a premium hotel experience.

Spa is nice but have to be honest I have been to better, which were cheaper and had better facilities.

Staff were all friendly I must add.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank philip H
BrendHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Carlyon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Thank you for your review, I was glad to read that you enjoyed the restaurant experience, the grounds and view from the hotel and that you appreciated our friendly service. I was sorry to read of your disappointment with the quality of our breakfast sausages & bacon, we have for many years used our local butcher ‘Mr Kittow’s’ award winning ‘penny-tinny’ porkers for breakfast. I am sorry they were not to your liking, we will be monitoring this going forward and do appreciate the feedback. We do each week end put on a varied program of entertainment for our hotel guests and linking with the diverse demographics of our customers we offer a changing program of entertaining from pianist, jazz band, live duo’s and disco, I am sorry that the offering during your stay did not was not your particular preference.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

From the moment we arrived at the hotel for lunch we were made very welcome.Nothing was too much trouble.The staff were friendly yet professional.
Our light lunches were excellent and were enjoyed in a lounge overlooking the sea.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
BrendHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Carlyon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Thank you for your fantastic feedback, I was pleased you enjoyed all aspects of your Lunch in our Terrace lounge, I hope we can welcome you back soon, maybe for Afternoon Tea or a Spa Day?

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Beautiful lounge overlooking the sea and we stopped for a cream tea.
The scones were hard and dark brown with crusty fruits in them,they resembled rock cakes in texture and taste and although pleasant to eat with cream and jam were not a scone.The jam was liquid and had no strawberries in it.
I spoke to the waiter and stated the above and he dismissed my comments with a rude manner and stated he would tell the kitchen.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

We stayed at The Carlyon Bay for a two night break on DB&B terms. Reception was quick and efficient. Our room was a trifle small but very clean and well decorated, and also had a marvellous sea view. The bathroom was very small but had all the essentials. The hotel is keen on energy saving with the result that the shower has little power.
The Terrace lounge and bar was comfortable and served drinks and light meals with style.
We dined in the Bay View restaurant. Because dinner was included in our package we were confined to the table d'hote menu. This was quite adequate if rather uninspired. The wine list did not show any origin or year for wines by the glass and the wine waiter, who said that he was under training, had to seek help. My companion found that her roast lamb was tough. The same vegetable accompaniment was served with each main dish regardless of whether it was a good match. On the second evening I was given a wine list and waited to order an aperitif. No one appeared until I had finished my starter, too late for an aperitif! At breakfast we were asked to wait until a table was laid when there were several tables empty and ready. When I asked why we could not be seated at one of those I was told that it was because they were not available. I said that they looked available to me! I gained the impression that guests were graded by some system known only to the hotel and that we were some way down the list! The coffee was very weak and the porridge was watery. I request maple syrup for the porridge and a brand new bottle was produced. This proved to have a seal inside the cap. I asked a waitress to remove the seal and she took the bottle away for a while a returned with an apology for the delay saying "it went all over the place". Surely this task should have been dealt with in the kitchen before the bottle was sent to the restaurant. I was very disappointed with the lack of professionalism shown by this restaurant.
I would return to this hotel but next time on a room only basis.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a sea view
2  Thank DigbyUk