1,790 results
All reviews golf course brend hotels golf break brend group golf club taste brasserie sea view round of golf main restaurant indoor and outdoor pools pitch and putt lounge bar lovely hotel wine list tennis courts deluxe room restaurant staff
Reviewed 25 April 2017

Everything about this hotel was fantastic from start to finish.
We went to the Carlyon Bay Hotel as part of a golf trip and couldn't fault a single thing.
Every member of staff we encountered went the extra mile, the hotel and it's rooms were spotless and beautiful, the view is spectacular either from the golf course or the hotel itself, the food was phenomenal and great value for money.
I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Andy

Room tip: ask for a sea view
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
BrendHotels, Public Relations Manager at The Carlyon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Thank you so much for your fantastic comments, I was delighted to see you enjoyed all aspects of your break with us. We very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

what a fabulous hotel. Staff cannot do enough for you and you are greeted everywhere with a smile. Rooms are spacious and immaculately maintained, Golf course and facilities are brilliant, greens were well maintained and the course is challenging to say the very least. Location is absolutely beautiful with lovely grounds and the spa and leisure facilities for the non-golfers ie me, were great. Totally relaxed atmosphere with plenty of staff around to cater to my every need before I knew it!

Room tip: go for a sea view, great to get up and look out, makes a positive start to the day
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BrendHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Carlyon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Thank you for reviewing Carlyon Bay, I was pleased to see you had an enjoyable time. Your comments regarding the food, service and cleanliness of rooms were a pleasure to read, thank you.

I hope you will choose Carlyon Bay again when visiting the area.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

Stayed here for three nights in April. Had a very comfortable room with sea views and use of leisure facilities.
The staff were really wonderful particularly the Reception staff and also the Restaurant
Manager. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble for them.

Room tip: Choose a room with a sea view
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, I was delighted to see you enjoyed all aspects of your break here at Carlyon, I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

We had been intending visiting for some years and had a 3 night stay in late February when the weather was a bit mixed.
In short an excellent hotel with amenities to match.
Our seaview room on the second floor had everything we needed and a neck pillow provided.
The indoor pool and spa were very acceptable but it appears booking ahead is very advisable. We used the clubhouse for a pleasant snack lunch but were hailed off the golf course with a white over despite a sunny start!
We enjoyed the large lounge, bar and dining room where service was excellent and meals of good quality. We had porridge on request at breakfast as well as other items on request. Staff were very pleasant and cooperative.
We met the very amiable manager to discuss a family visit later in the year and found our whole experience very reassuring,
.We look forward to August with this in mind.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BrendHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Carlyon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Carlyon Bay following your recent break with us. I was delighted to see you enjoyed all aspects of your break.

I was pleased you found our staff to be pleasant and you enjoyed the food here at the Hotel.

We look forward to seeing you in August.

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

If you've been before then you will understand what I have to say. We went for the golf as many people do but would still have appreciated being notified about the wedding,the competitions and the construction across the way. Please qualify your room size before you book it. I had a twin that was so small one had to lay the chair on the floor to watch the TV or sit with your face flat to it. As for paper thin walls the poor girl in the single next door obviously had a wretched time and I do hope she makes it up with her ex as soon as possible. Like so many places parking is always an issue. If one can't get in the main car park and if there is a function on it's impossible then you have to park off site and the construction dust on my car led to Barry the doorman questioning me on the Paris Dakar rally. Not funny. Now for the golf. What a joke. I have never seen a private course abused by so many different standards of players and I include members. The tee boxes have had no maintenance the fairways are plagued with divots and some of the greens are in a bad way. There is very little player supervision and the attitude of some of the members beggared belief. Poor course management. For example. There is a white wooden arrow nailed to a tree that has swung down pointing the way to the 14th tee. There are too few warning notices making players aware of how close the tees are to the greens. Public footpaths are all over this course and people and children will pop up all over the place. The membership should be more selective and cost more (that would make them appreciate what they've got.)They appear to be resentful of the hotel guests having carte blanche to play as and when they want which is understandable because over the week I saw a lot of butchers out there with no controls. I'm not sure the members are aware of the course being a tool to sell the hotel or the owners being aware they need to maintain the tools. The good news is the potential is phenomenal. It's all about people and management. You've got good ground staff that aren't being managed you've got a membership that isn't being managed and you've got the link to the hotel that isn't being managed. It's an easy solution that needs to be implemented asap or I'm not going back to the golf course. The hotel is a different matter. The gardener is fantastic the groundsman is conscientious and they are both very engaging. The cleaners are invisible and good. The reception staff are top notch (don't understand golfers needs). The food is first rate. The daily table d'Hotre menu offered the finest options I have ever seen and the chef duly delivered. Amazing experience that was framed by the sincerity and quality of the waiting staff. Who ever trained them take a pat on the back I was so impressed. Special mention to the Taste manager and staff but please sort out the lighting. I feel like someone who's had their pocket picked but really enjoyed the experience. I wonder what percentage of guests ask for an upgrade?

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Luvertrucker

Thank you for taking the time to review Carlyon Bay, following your recent Golf Break with us. I was pleased to see you experienced a high level of service from all departments you encountered here at the Hotel and you found the food ‘first rate’, this was a pleasure to read, thank you.

I was shocked to read your comments on our golf course; we pride our Championship golf course as being one of the best. Once again, last week hosted the PGA Cornish Golf Festival, the largest Pro Am in Europe featuring European Tour and past Ryder Cup players all who commented on the top quality of the golf course. We stipulate that all golfers have a handicap certificate to play the course, which is managed by our 6 PGA Golf Professionals, Our fairways are maintained daily with old divots being removed and then being re seeded by our team of green keepers'. We do have a cliff top coastal path which runs on the perimeter of 3 holes which is well sign posted, telling walkers to stay on the coastal path, which has never been seen to be a problem in the past. We take the health and safety of all of our golfers very seriously with lots of signage and a very comprehensive score card stating safety notices hole by hole where necessary.

I thank you once again for taking the time to leave your feedback; I hope we can welcome you back in the future.