2,308 results
All reviews infinity pool woodland lodge white house walled garden lovely balcony superior room sauna and steam room the main hotel open plan relaxing break waiting staff changing rooms self catering night break first morning eden project high standard
Reviewed 1 December 2016

Hotel reception was a bit shambolic but the staff were so lovely and friendly that it didnt matter. Room was lovely and view was great, but some of the corridors looked as if they could do with a freshen up. I had booked spa treatments in advance and the spa was nice and my therapist was very friendly. Having to walk back outside to my room when it was dark was a bit off - maybe a covered walk way or something might be good? We ate in the restaurant both nights we stayed. Food was good, much better on the second night, but it was pricy especially the wine. Breakfasts were great, I had the scrambled eggs and smoked salmon one morning and it was delicious. However breakfast service was really slow - it wasnt a problem for us, we were not working to a fixed time, but if you were, it would be an issue. The staff ( Craig, our waiter at dinner was super and so friendly) are what make a hotel and the staff were certainly very good here. Overall yes I probably would go back

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2016

We stayed in a self catering 2 bed lodge - they have everything you need there (hairdryer, and all the toiletries/coffee/tea/sugar/biscuits/1 pint of milk etc you would expect in a hotel room of this standard). You also get t-towel, washing up cloths, washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, washing powder etc....so that when you arrive you are not desperately having to find a supermarket to get started and instead can enjoy a meal in the Bar or restaurant, or in fact the spa facilities. They are really home from home - very comfortable (and some lodges are dog friendly too - just ask when booking). So relaxing - magnificant long walks within the hotel grounds...only half a mile from St Austell, 5-10 mins drive to Charlestown, golf course about half a mile. Loved it!

Room Tip: Ask for a lodge closer to the hotel to reduce noise from the road into St Austell but it is only local road noise not motorway/heavy use.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 November 2016

My husband and I had a voucher for a spa and cream tea at this lovely hotel. We arrived early and straight away went to the bar for a light snack, chicken and couscous salad, which was delicious. Amarni, who served us, was extremely pleasant and we chatted for a while, finding out a bit about the hotel. Towards the end of our lunch Amarni came to say she had arranged for us to be taken over to the spa in one of the hotel buggies, which we accepted. The driver was again very pleasant and informative and took us on a little guided tour around the grounds and lodges, before dropping us off at the spa. We then spent a very relaxing afternoon, swimming and using the other facilities. Now fully relaxed, we made our way back to the hotel, where we indulged in a delicious cream tea. Again, Amarni came to see if all was ok for us. All round, a very pleasant way to spend a wet afternoon.

Room Tip: Didn't stay at this hotel but did speak to a couple who had returned for the 3rd time and loved it.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank J_JDevon
Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

The name is rather grand, the staff are fabulous, the food was well presented and tasty, if on the pricey side, the grounds are beautiful but the housekeeping is not!
I was really looking forward to staying at this establishment but they really let themselves down on the housekeeping. The room was a generous size and the location accessible by lift and stairs so first impressions are good but, cutting to the chase, the bathroom was dirty, the extractor fan was not switched on so the steam factor was suffocating with a lingering musty odour and the bath plug had been unscrewed and was unusable without plumbing knowledge! The biggest and most disgusting no no was the fact that I discovered blood and other stains on the mattress protector after I had already slept in the bed!!! When I complained, housekeeping came to visit within minutes and promised a 'deep clean' while we were out. We could certainly smell the bleach on our return, everything was shiny and both beds completely changed. The room was indeed clean but the memory was not. Thanks go to porter, Tim, who was super helpful and fixed a couple of maintenance issues on the spot.
To compensate I was offered a 'destress' massage in the spa but it took a couple of days for the absent manager to give the final go ahead. I hope he/she appreciates the great staff they have (except housekeeping) and concentrate on improvements to management and supervision.
(teaspoon for scale)

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Gulliesgirl
CornwallHotel, General Manager at The Cornwall Hotel, Spa & Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2016

Thank you for your comments.

I am pleased on balance that you enjoyed your stay. I can only apologize on behalf of the housekeeping department for their oversight in not removing the mattress protector.
I have to say, that I thought the staff handled and resolved this really well whilst I was on annual leave.

JLF

Reviewed 24 November 2016

We stayed for one night and had dinner in the hotel. We had a lovely comfortable room and spacious shower room. We had one of the rooms at the front of the old house, very well appointed, with a super king bed and a lovely view of the grounds. The spa is excellent too with a decent gym and usable pool. There is a sauna and steam room next to the pool, so easy to pamper yourself. The spa facilities are included in the room rate, extra treatments are chargeable.

Room service was excellent, and the food in the dining room was well up to the standard you would expect from a hotel of this level. Service was prompt and very friendly both at dinner and at breakfast.

We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Good view of the grounds in the old part of the house, but is not easily wheelchair accessible, the modern parts should be easier to access.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family