All reviews vista lounge family hotel sea view games room comfy sofas table football waiting staff amazing views private beach lounge area the cliff hotel is situated breakfast and dinner kids club this lovely hotel outdoor pool stunning location
Reviewed 15 October 2018

This hotel is in the perfect position , set right on the coast path, with a small cove in walking distance and the beautiful Poldhu Cove ( National Trust) 5 minutes away. Our room was very comfortable with a great sea view and very good facilities. A pity we were there in September because it would have been lovely to have used the outdoor pool. Never the less we made good use of the indoor pool after a day out walking the Lizard peninsula. Food was generally good but sometimes service was a bit chaotic and items were "off" the menu which was awkward.Great lounge and bar area and very helpful staff. W e loved it here.

Room Tip: definitely book a sea view room
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
SteveC6438, Manager at Polurrian Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Feather5723,

Thanks for the review. Your final sentence sums it up for me - 'We love it here'. What a wonderful thing to say, thank you. The team and I would be delighted to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

The room we booked was a large superior sea view, we were given room 806 on the ground floor. The room was very clean, not particularly large, the view was good but would have preferred a higher floor so that we could look out without people sat outside being able to look in, The bathroom let the room down, the shower was not very good at all and the cistern on the toilet took so long to fill that we had to resort to using the kettle to fill it. I had ordered 2 glasses of Prosecco for arrival but these did not arrive and it was 6pm when I chased these with reception that we eventually had them in the bar. On first night in bar I asked for a Bacardi and coke and was given a different white rum which does not taste at all the same, the coke was only from siphon on bar and again this was not real coke. I would like to say waitress on Monday night was lovely (Hannah), Emma in spa was superb, the girl from Preston (forgot her name) was also great (even though she supports Liverpool lol). The main entrance door lets the building down a little as does the ladies toilet near the den. Breakfast on our last morning was only meal which was not of good standard, luke warm food and plates almost cold.
Location of the hotel is stunning and we had the weather to enjoy the coast path, all in all enjoyed our stay apart from these few niggles. Our meals in the restaurant both nights were delicious and waiting staff very good.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear DH957,

Thank you for the review. I'm sorry that you had an issue with the toilet cistern and will make our maintenance team aware to resolve this. We do not stock Bacardi and so the team would have offered an alternative which would have been Doorly's White Rum with Pepsi as again we don’t stock Coca Cola, I apologise if the team didn’t inform you of this.

Thank you for the kind mentions for the team, they will be delighted and I do hope you come back to visit again soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here in June and really could not wait to go back before winter set in. We enjoyed summers throw and had beautiful sunsets from our bedroom window.

Anyway as before the staff here our the stand out feature. They were eternally cheerful and helpful. It may be perception but the food in the restaurant was slightly more varied than our last visit. We had several meals and all were good especially the rib of beef. They were happy to provide us with a picnic meal for our night out at the minnack theatre.

We had a good time there and used the spa where she who must be obeyed had a good value treatment of some sort.

We will be back again next year

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Stephen C,

Thank you for the review. I pleased you enjoyed your return visit to our hotel and cannot fault your comment regarding the team. They are what make this hotel great and I’m sure they with all be delighted when reading your comments.

I do hope you look to visit us again when the winter has passed!

Reviewed 8 October 2018

We stayed here for a few days with our dogs and were very pleased with our choice. This is a lovely hotel with a gorgeous view out to sea with a conservatory area, a large terrace and an outdoor pool ( fabulous in the summer !) It has a formal restaurant and a more modern seating area near the bar where meals are also served . The hotel is dog friendly and dogs were allowed in the bar area for meals but we chose not to eat in the hotel for dinner . Breakfast was a buffet which served both continental and English breakfast which was of a very high standard. The surrounding area is mainly coastal walks along the cliffs which are very steep in parts so only suitable for those who are quite fit and active. Also we found a lot of the beaches including the hotels own private one did not allow dogs from April till October so we had to drive elsewhere to find one . Our room was lovely with a large bed and en-suite bathroom which was immaculately clean , all the hotel staff were also very helpful and friendly.
This is a fabulous hotel which has the feeling of the 1930’s and wouldn’t look out of place in an Agatha Christie Novel !
I would highly recommend this lovely place

Dear Jillybean D,

Thank you for the lovely review. It sounds as though you and your dog had a great stay with us. The current hotel was built in 1912, almost spot on with your placement, and certainly has the charm from a classic Agatha Christie novel.

I'm pleased the team looked after you while you were with us and I do hope you look to return in the future.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

We were excited to come here, but I was a little sad we hadn't booked a sea view room (saving for a house). However, when we arrived we were in one! And the view was IMMENSE. Like, totally unparalleled. We got into a rather delightful routine of falling asleep with the blind and window open; I was on the window-side so I would fall asleep hearing the waves and looking at the sea (I swear I could still see it in the dark!), the stars and the lights of the shoreline. From our room - on a clear day - you could see St Michael's Mount, as well as literally the entire sea (I swear). Aside from the insane views and peaceful setting, the hospitality and general vibe was what made if for us. The hotel has this amazing vista lounge/dining area which also contains the bar. You genuinely feel like you live there. On our first day, we sat in there, storm brewing and munched our way through a cream tea while we played cards. That almost set the tone for the whole stay really (the chilled vibes - not the weather!). They have a games room, kids' creche, snug, board games, kids' toys, huge squishy sofas you could lose yourselves in...and there are new creations at the bar each day. There are several things I wanted to try that were written on a bar-top chalkboard just to tempt me, but generally we were too full from what was turning into a food tour each day to try them. I spotted milkshakes (potentially also freakshakes), topped hot chocolates and brownies, if you're interested). The bar staff had no qualms with sending me up to bed each day with a freshly brewed pot of their mint tea and our room was kept beautifully (and sympathetically with our organised chaos) by the housekeeping staff each day. We were lucky enough to eat in the restaurant for two of our four nights and it was a really lovely experience. You really feel like you're in a high-class establishment as the service is second to none. The food was generally good although a few poor choices on our part was more reflective of our ignorance when it comes to menu terminology! What I can recommend - stating on the night that it was the "best meat I had ever eaten" - is the beef rib. Oh. My. God. It was so good! I was so gutted when I couldn't finish it, but went up to bed resembling a weeble given I had desperately shovelled a little more in! If you're an enthusiastic carnivore like me, it's juicy; topped with garlicy and juicy king prawns and friend onions; arriving with a copious portion of chips and a side salad (which I couldn't eat due to allergies but it looked beautiful). I've lost the plot of where I'm going with this now, but suffice to say we were really, really impressed with the place. And just for the record, I've decided that room 203 is now our room, so you can't go in there...!

Room Tip: I can only vouch for ours; 203. But I would imagine rooms on the second floor would offer a better view than lower down.

Dear Lu J,

What a review! It sounds like you had a great time. Ryan, our Bar Supervisor, is constantly creating new bar offerings, yesterday he made a coffee and rum concoction which I have to say was fantastic!

It sounds as though you got what we are about and managed to totally relax and immerse yourself in your break.

Your comments are greatly appreciated and the team and I would like to thank you.

We hope to see you again.