“Wonderful holiday home”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
nicola m
“Wonderful holiday home”
Reviewed 19 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Stayed here last summer as an extended adult family of 8 and it was just fabulous. Views so amazing got up early each morning to watch the boats leave the harbour then went back to bed. Accommodation so lovely spacious and comfortable that we stayed in and cooked several nights. Also spacious enough that we didn't get on top of each other. Very steep walk up the hill and accommodation over 3 storeys so not suitable for all. Definitely will go again. One of nicest holidays I have had.

Billb0ard
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great house for a family holiday”
Reviewed 13 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

I booked this house to accommodate an extended family Easter break. Admittedly, we were really lucky with the weather, but even without that the house was ideal for us.
Brilliant location. Five minutes walk down the (steep!) hill one way into Mevagissey with its shops and restaurants, and five minutes the other way down to the beach (and pub) at Portmellon. Magnificent walk over the cliffs to Gorran Haven (can recommend the chippy).
Easy parking, a bonus in Mevagissey which is definitely not designed for cars; we managed to get both cars on the drive, but there was plenty of space on the road too.
The views are spectacular; there is always something of interest to see on the harbour. The terrace/balconies face east, so lose the sun by mid-day at this time of year. But being able to sit out at all in April is a bonus!
Inside the house is very well equipped. I hate going to houses where there is exactly one plate, fork, mug etc for each person, it always seems so miserly and you spend the whole time washing up. Not the case here; there are positively lavish supplies of mugs, bowls, cutlery and glasses of every size (even champagne flutes, hurrah!). There are also pans big enough for spaghetti for 7, another pet gripe of mine in other houses I have stayed in.
All the bedrooms have sea views, so there's no need to squabble, except over who gets the 2 rooms with balconies (though if you like to sleep with the window open and you're in the ensuite balcony room you'll have to prop the balcony door open at night). The beds were comfy enough, though one or two of the mattresses were a tad saggy.
The kitchen area is open plan with the lounge, and there's a separate dining room, also useful for playing board games. A small point to note: although the house sleeps 8 there are only comfy chairs for 6. Not an issue for us.
The wifi was efficient (crucial with 4 teenagers in tow).
Everywhere was spotlessly clean. It's not a "chocolate box" cottage; it's a modern house but that has definite advantages in terms of space, light and parking. There are lots of stairs as it's on 3 floors, so be aware of this if you're less than sprightly. A good way to work off all the cream teas though!
I would definitely come here again and would happily recommend both Mevagissey and this house.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Lovemyhol...
Chichester, United Kingdom
“very comfortable holiday accomodation”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

I booked this rental property for several reasons, first being I love Cornwall and especially the Mevagissey area, and have spent very many happy holidays with my children when they were young staying in a cottage at Portmellon near Mevagissey. I wanted to recreate the memory by taking my 84 year old father, my young (7,5.and3 years old) grandchildren, my youngest daughter ( not the children's mum, she was having a well earned rest!), my step daughter and of course my husband! to this wonderful place but needed a larger property than usual to accommodate all of us. The pink House fitted the bill perfectly, sadly just one day after making the booking last October my father had a stroke and the pink House was no longer suitable for him as he cannot manage stairs (and there are lots of stairs !!) and generally has trouble walking, sadly the owners of the house could not see their way to letting me cancel the booking and obtain a refund (although I contacted the agents with plenty of time to re-let the property) consequently my father could not come with us which did spoil my holiday somewhat. Having said this we did have a good time and the children thoroughly enjoyed the week. The Pink House is a very comfortable, well equipped family holiday home, with enough space for everyone, the decking terrace is lovely and the views are spectacular. I would recommend any of my friends to book this house for a relaxing holiday. My only negative comment is to say that the hot water is scalding hot, so take great care when children are using the bath or hot taps. There are notices near the boiler and on the notice board asking tenants Not to touch the heating settings. I hope and assume that this may be rectified when the Agent has my feed back.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, View
Liked least: Non sympathetic owners. (re medical condition)
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
23 Sep 2014
Many thanks for your feedback regarding The Pink House, Mevagissey, we would like to express our sincerest apologies for the issues that you have experienced whilst booking your holiday with Blue Chip Holidays.

We fully appreciate that as a company there was more that we could have done to support you during a difficult time and as a result, we have addressed this from an operational point of view to ensure that such experiences do not arise again in the future. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, however are sorry that your father was unable to attend as previously planned.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, which is always valued as it allows us to improve our levels of service.
pete_wrig...
Bristol, England
“Beautiful house amazing views”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

photos do not do the house or views justice. Beautiful house that has been decorated to a high standard. Fully equipped. Cannot reccomend highly enough! Great for a family / group get away. The large terraces are just amazing.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing