“loved it”
other travellers have booked this property
Patio table and chairs outside your sunny, south facing holiday home.
Brand new kitchen Light and airy Lounge with laminate flooring plus flat screen HD Television.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Brand new kitchen
Light and airy Lounge with laminate flooring plus flat screen HD Television.
Comfy double bed with fitted wardrobes
2nd Bedroom
2nd bedroom showing both beds made up
Fully tiled new bathroom with power shower above bath
View from your holiday home
Guests can use the lovely Hotel facilities
Bar in Hotel  where you can enjoy a drink
Bowood Park Golf course next door
View from the Dining Room in the Hotel
Dining Room in the Hotel
Swimming Pool
Swimming Pool with Kids pool
Childrens play area
Table and chairs by the Badminton court
Conservatory in hotel for drinks and informal dining
Bar at next door Bowood Golf Course (open to non residents)
Play golf at Bowood Park next door.  Plus many other courses nearby
Explore the Cornish coast with its interesting fishing villages
Miles of beautiful sandy beaches
Lovely places to explore
Quaint and traditional local pubs and tea rooms
Bodmin steam railway just a short drive away
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
James W
“missrepresentation”
Reviewed 3 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

We chose this particular holiday residence because Sky sports 1 .2. 3, and F 1 were Quite prominently advertised. However, no instructions were made available to obtain this on the t v. It was necessary to phone the owner for advice on the use of this facility, but on doing so I was informed that she had no idea how this was obtainable. "but my husband knows how to do it, but I've never seen it done" We were also told that this facility was supplied through the hotel, and that we "should be able to figure it out for ourselves".
It was quite obvious that there was no transmission of this nature at that time. A second phone call was also fruitless, and no assistance was offered. I suggested that perhaps the owners husband would care to help, but that fell on deaf ears. We tried to get some advice from the hotel, but it was closed.
On a further visit to the hotel we managed to contact someone who informed us that sky would be "switched on maybe the day before we depart".
As most of the other facilities were also closed they surely should not be advertised. Our holiday was not provided with what was expected, or as advertised. Our request for some sort of compensation has so far been ignored. A ruined holiday !!

A very dissappointed Jm Wellfare. East Sussex

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: going out
Liked least: The lack of infomation . and care.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
6 Apr 2016
I have been renting the property throughout the year for over 2 years and I was completely unaware that Sky Sports was only available when the hotel is open and I can only assume that other people did not want to use it - we rarely use it ourselves. There are plenty of other FreeView channels available. You did phone me and I explained that Sky Sports was not on the FreeView channel and it was probably on one of the other AV channels. I heard nothing from you for a few days when you telephoned again and you insisted my husband go and sort it out - we live 200 miles away so I suggested you speak to the hotel as there are staff around even when the hotel is not open. You spoke to the hotel the same day and were told Sky was only on when the hotel was open. I then contacted the hotel myself as I was unaware of this and they arranged for the system to be put on a couple of days earlier for you.
You telephoned me before you arrived and I reminded you that some of the facilities are only open when the hotel is open but Bowood Park is open right next door! So you were fully aware and you actually mentioned you used to play golf there. You could have stayed there as you knew it but it is much more expensive. I would point out that I offer a much reduced price during the off season to allow for the fact the hotel itself is closed - like much of the UK there is a holiday season in Cornwall and you went out of season. Bowood Park Golf Course and Hotel is next door is open to everyone and has a bar and restaurant etc.

Saying this there is still much the site offers. Even though the actual hotel closes the villas are separate from the hotel and are still regularly used and of course the free WiFi is still up and running. The launderette is still open as are the squash and badminton courts etc and the acres of grounds and close proximity tourist attractions - some of which will only be open for the season. But the property is fully operational all year around and ideal for walkers or people wanting to use the great cycle routes or play golf etc.

You said yourself that the actual villa was lovely and I think to just give it 2 stars when you didn't receive Sky Sports for a couple of days is rather unfair.
Carrie E
“loved it”
Reviewed 5 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015

My husband and I took our youngest on holiday for his last holiday before starting high school and couldn't have been happier. This is a lovely place in beautiful surroundings and was definitely a home from home. We are fully intending to book again for 2 weeks next August. Highly recommended

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Julie T
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Home from home”
Reviewed 12 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Myself and my husband booked our break at very short notice with Deanna the owner, who was extremely accommodating. We booked for 3 nights and loved every minute of it.
We arrived quite late at night, but thanks to the clear directions we received upon booking we soon arrived in the carpark which offered plenty of secure parking not far from the villa.
Villa 9 is set back in lovely grounds creating a peaceful and relaxing environment offering the perfect get away. It is like home from home, fully equipt with home comforts, very clean, well maintained and private. The beds were very comfortable and the built in storage were great. We also loved the sea side personal touches throughout.
The complex is conveniently located to explore the picturesque cornish coast whilst sampling the pasties and cream teas. Trago Mill just 40 minutes away is a must see! Alternatively there is lots of on site activites available, we even had the games room to ourself one night!
We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this beautiful villa to anyone wanting to escape busy life, relax and explore.

Sherry W
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Lovely property in quiet setting”
Reviewed 7 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014

I really cannot rate this villa highly enough as such great value for money. Brand new kitchen and bathroom and lovely modern ash laminated flooring. Some places on this site look a bit tired inside but I can highly recommend this owner and this villa. Everything was clean and it was great having Sky Sports and F1 on the TV as it meant my husband was happy. Also good to have the free WiFi to keep in touch. The site is well maintained and ideal for young children to run around outside the property. Even though there were a few other people staying the site is lovely and quiet and ideal for those looking for a peaceful break in the countryside. The weather was glorious and we even managed to go swimming in the sea - there were several beaches within a 15 minute drive so the best of both worlds beach and countryside. The hotel itself was closed when we arrived but we used the bar etc at Bowood Park - which is next door and an easy stroll. The games room, tennis and badminton etc was still open on the site so we had a great time. The fish and chips in the Award winning fish and chip shop in the village were great and so was the food in the Masons Arms. We had one rainy day and took the children to the indoor pool at the Leisure Centre in Camelford. had a fantastic time and will certainly be back and will be recommending to friends.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The lovely quiet position
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Susan A
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Lovely holiday home in peaceful setting”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

This chalet was in a small block of 3 surrounded by garden and so peaceful. I was slightly apprehensive as a hotel park is not my usual choice - but I was pleasantly surprised. The whole site is lovely and quiet and I was thrilled as it was mid August. There were other people staying but the way everything is laid out you had the feeling of space and tranquility. A wonderful relaxing break - which we really needed.

It was lovely to wake up each morning and look out onto the gardens with just the sound of the birds.

My husband likes golf and there is a golf course right next door. This was a budget holiday and I have to say it was one of the best short breaks I have had.

It was also great to use the facilities at the Lanteglos Hotel and the children loved the swimming pool and the bar was a great place for a relaxing evening drink. We didn't eat in the restaurant but it looked very nice.

The 'villa' as they are called had been recently decorated and everything was clean and the bedding and co-ordinating curtains seemed to be brand new.

I saw inside some of the other villas and they needed refurnishing but the one we stayed in was lovely.

I will definately be recommending villa number 9 to family and friends.

Travelling group: Young Children
Management Response
16 Sep 2014
Pleased to hear you had a good time. Since you have stayed the villa has had brand new laminate flooring throughout (except the bathroom which already had a newly tiled floor). A new kitchen is being fitted in October. which will make this villa even better value.

We have also purchased a patio table and chairs so guests can sit outside and enjoy the sun (the property is south facing so gets the sun most of the day).
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing