All reviews the pub eggs benedict coffee maker for sunday lunch an underground car park night porter mini bar full english booked this hotel lovely hotel beer garden breakfast service walk in shower ironing board breakfast was excellent bus stop pleasant stay
Reviewed 30 July 2018

We stayed here on Friday 27th July. Receptionist was very helpful our room was room 8 and it was lovely couldn’t fault anything. The bed was huge, the room well maintained and very comfortable. The bathroom was very clean and I would say for the price this was one of the best hotels I’ve stayed in for a while. I loved it. I had a few cocktails in the bar in the evening and a vegan breakfast in the morning. The breakfast bar was well stocked, Staff were friendly and helpful and great to see vegan options on both the main menu and breakfast menu. I couldn’t fault anything. I just wished I could have stayed another night!

Room tip: I recommend room 8for a couple
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Alexanderpope H, Manager at The Alexander Pope, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Dear actuali,
Thank you for your 5 out 5 review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay in one of our huge beds. Its great you found us to be value for money and enjoyed the vegan options we have on both our breakfast menu & main menu. Thanks for mentioning the team who go out of their way to ensure every customer leaves happy.

We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

I have been a few times now for drinks after work and with friends.
I know most of the staff from another hotel and they are great fun, friendly and always helpful.
Nice bar inside and out.. well work a visit for food or drinks.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Alexanderpope H, Manager at The Alexander Pope, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Dear RPLamb,
Thanks for your review. I am pleased you enjoy the Alexander pope as a place to frequent with friends after work. Thank you for recognising the staff who go out of their way to ensure every customer leaves happy. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

We had an enjoyable stay here, it’s easy to get around with an excellent bus service. Room was situated at the back away from street noise. Bathroom was in need of some work, tap leaked badly and the room itself was very small. Breakfast was good if you were having anything but the Continental Breakfast. This lacked choices and the fruit was not ripe, only croissants no yoghurt offered. Reception were very friendly and helpful. We hope to return. Oh pillows were awful, the cheapest they could find.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear whistlestop,
Sorry to read of the short comings you experienced throughout your stay. We have yogurts available at breakfast on request. Nevertheless i am pleased you enjoyed the cooked to order on the breakfast menu and its great to see you would return. Thanks for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Hmmmm, can’t say we were impressed, everything looks really nice but overall it’s not great at all! Firstly the hotel in every single nook and cranny, needs a S E R I O U S
CLEEEEEEEEEEAN!!!!! I have pics! It’s utterly disgusting! The staff are fairly blaze and really don’t live up to what the hotel apparently strives for! Breakfast is less than appealing. Rather book room only and go to Starbucks for breakie!

Scatter cushions on beds, expected to be used as pillows. Pillows do not have pillow protectors on, shower in bath does not drain, once you are finished showering you can bath cos the water is knee high! The beds look like a mountain range once housekeeping have made them, the carpets are filthy the walls are filthy and the floor in the dining room wasn’t cleaned in three days while we were there! We took pics every day! The grout in in the bathroom tiles is moldy and the passages are disgustingly dirty! No hair dryer in the rooms! We paid less for other hotels and got a hairdryer!
I was also expecting a parcel to be delivered which I advised the hotel about and when the parcel arrived they refused to accept it and when queried, said person was suddenly a ghost and did not exist!!! The key kept deactivating and therefore you cannot use the lift or enter your room, the wooden floors are awful when you’re on the first floor as the room above can be heard as if it were in your room! The doors don’t have stoppers or springs on so they slam all the time especially when people come in late!!! There are only two pillows on the beds and when we requested two more we were told there were no pillow cases! The TV is horrendous and does not change channels unless you switch it off every time! The shower curtains are firstly so out of fashion and are disgustingly dirty! The only good things were the ample parking, the kingsize bed and the location!!!
Management is MIA and cleanliness is below zero if not non-existent!!! Not worth a revisit or recommendation � ps. Who has a quiz on while the World Cup soccer is on in the same room....???

Dear kimenslin2015,
Sorry to read of the various issues you encountered during your stay. We do routinely check for maintenance problems and deep clean all of the hotel areas. We have additional pillows and pillowcases available so i am sorry you were informed differently. I am not sure what might have happened with your parcel but i will look into this further. It is a shame that all these issues clearly let us down but i would like to thank you for bringing these issues to my attention and can assure you that they will not be overlooked.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Stayed with a group of people whilst attending a conference and nearby St Mary’s University. Hotel is conveniently situated for St Mary’s, Teddington, Twickenham and on a bus route. The room was nice and had air con which was great on this particular day.

I stayed very little time in the room but it was clean, large and had everything you needed. I did find the bed and the pillow a bit hard but that could be personal preference and as it was only one night I did not ask for a change.

The bathroom I assume had been modernised and had a strong power shower.

I could not get sound out of the tv and a colleaualso mentioned she couldn’t get hers to work.

We had a nice meal in the restaurant in the evening and again breakfast was good.

I would stay again

1  Thank Chris44372013
Alexanderpope H, Manager at The Alexander Pope, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear Chris44372013,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay along with your colleagues. Sorry the TV didn't have a sound, it is a particular setting that it needs to be on for the sky box to work and have sound. I am delighted you enjoyed your dinning experience and we hope to welcome you again soon.