“Pre- Theatre Treat”

Ranked #9 of 226 Restaurants in Bridlington
Price range: US$8 - US$34
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Rags Hotel, Bar & Restaurant is located alongside the Harbours Edge and Bridlington’s South Beach. A family friendly ground floor Bar/lounge area boasts candlelit seating areas with a contemporary feel. A seasonal menu is served all day with two Harbour View dining areas available. The varied lunch/evening menu and daily specials feature a large variety of dishes using locally sourced, seasonal ingredients. This establishment also offers function and meeting rooms, subject to availability. Six First floor hotel rooms are situated within a former RAF hangar where the interior décor creates a homely feel. Rooms include a flat screen TV and tea/coffee making facilities. En suite bathrooms boast large corner baths, power showers & luxury toiletries. Hotel guests have priority to the Free on-site parking. Full Yorkshire & Continental breakfast in the First Floor Restaurant, is cooked to order and served with stunning views of the working Harbour and South Bay.
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Just come out of Rags after enjoying a lovely meal there before seeing a show at the Spa Theatre.
We had a table with sea view in the restaurant upstairs which is nicely furnished and decorated. My wife enjoyed the steak pie and my smoked haddock dish was excellent. Friendy waitresses and excellent service.

1  Thank YorkTed
julied930, Owner at Rags Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Thank you for your recent review I am so pleased you had an enjoyable evening before going to a show at the spa theatre and you were well looked after . We do hope you will visit us again very soon

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Another superb evening at your Restaurant ...excellent food Lasagne ...seafood platter ...pork.....& Chocolate cheesecake for the birthday boy !!!.....superb smiley helpful Staff .....nothing is ever too much trouble ....we love Rags one of our favourite eateries ....

1  Thank David S
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

We were referred to this place and so happy we went. The view is amazing looking over the harbour and the food lovely- the best fish and chips I’ve had in a very long time. The staff were amazing - so friendly and so helpful- from ensuring our boy had crayons to offering to let me taste the beer when I’d asked what was on draft. Lovely place!

1  Thank 1Nick_B36
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

As Our go to eaterie (Little Indulgence) has permanently closed we had to try hunt down somewhere for me and my 4 year old to eat as we are both Coeliac. A quick look on google found this place a 5 minute walk away, so we decided to give it a go. Bar was clean and the staff were friendly and attentive. We were shown to our table with a lovely view of the harbour. Separate gluten free menu was provided and had a good selection! I opted for mushroom and spinach pasta with white wine sauce, and my daughter had salmon and prawn pasta. She had a slightly smaller portion provided for her as they don’t have a kids size. Other half had a burger and chunky Home made chips from the standard menu. All thoroughly enjoyed! With 4 drinks (pint, Diet Coke, j20 and wine spritzer) and the 3 meals it came to £33 which is a fair price dining staff were lovely and the toilets were clean and in good order. Baby change is located in disabled toilet and is lovely and clean. Very happy with our visit and we will be making this our new go-to eaterie good job guys!

1  Thank GottaLotToSee
Reviewed 24 April 2018

We like to eat out on a Sunday evening after delivering the grandchildren home, which is not always easy as many restaurants don't open, we discovered rags and went this Sunday at 5.15, we hadn't booked and ordered a drink and sat in the bar area, shown to our table about 10 minutes later, menus given decision made, the lovely thing about the menu is that there are lighter portions which is fabulous, I had the lighter menu crab salad and some chips, lovely, my husband had the chicken filled with goats cheese and spinach it was fabulous. We were shareing a desert and ordered the roulade which wasn't available which we were glad about second choice cheese cake which was a huge portion and delicious obviously home made. Service was fabulous lovely smiley waiter/waitress. We will be back!!!!! My only criticism being can we have real chips please, frozen, I am glad to say have fallen from grace in so many places.