“Dependable”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Lynx Taxis
Reviewed 20 February 2018

Have used this taxi company for several years, most of them are private hire cars as opposed to black cabs. Have not been let down by them so far, they arrive on time and even text you to let you know they are outside your premises. Will continue to be a customer of theirs as the prices are competitive with other cab companies.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

Set fare to airport. Arrive on time, drivers polite but not always chatty. Can arrange pick up from airport rail station as cheaper than arrivals at terminal 1, just a 5 minute walk over the bridge

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

So it’s the 1st of Jan 2018 and no buses are running. TAXI IT IS. Usually I book with Lynx as they are pretty trustworthy with their prices and journey times.
So I booked a taxi and it arrived on time. YAY!
Travelling from my home to Stockport centre is about 10 minutes via the motorway and should cost around £12-13.
I looked at the taximeter and the cost seemed alright, I looked at it again just as he took the exit and it was at £15...I was shocked but I didn’t question it yet.
I ended up cutting the journey a little short to ask why it was so much and that I refused to pay that much for a 10 minute journey. At this moment in time, the meter read £18.80.
He then explained to me (after the journey) that today was “time and a half” and that it usually happens on public holidays. I was NOT aware of this in the slightest and had he not informed me before the journey, there wouldn’t have been an argument.
My driver started calling someone, maybe someone from Lynx, who knows but I knew he couldn’t do it on his own.
I told him I would pay £15 since I wouldn’t have had enough to pay for my taxi home.
He stuck his hand out for the £15 and continued to be offish with me. He also told me that he “didn’t care” about me which is not the exact level of customer service I like.
I shoved the £15 on the seat next to him, told him to have a nice life then slammed the door and went to work.
I see we are both in the wrong but if a driver doesn’t inform you on price changes even if the person already knows then there will be a problem.
I understand about “time and a half” now but it would have been nice to know about it before I made someone hate me.

1  Thank maya_seligman
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Dangerous driving. Rude I’d advise not to use. Will be reporting this to Stockport Council licensing department

4  Thank Alison G