“25th birthday meal ”

Ranked #4 of 97 Restaurants in Prestwich
Price range: US$11 - US$44
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Turkish & Middle Eastern Cuisine Serving All Day Lunch & Dinner
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I came in with my brother yesterday for my birthday, we were given complimentary shots of vodka which I loved on my birthday haha. Ordered the Istanbul special bbq grill and I have to say it was beautifuly cooked, hats of to the chefs for the great food. The building looks beautiful on the inside and he staff were very friendly and helpful. Absolutely loved visiting and will be back again. Can't remember what the waiter was called but he asked if I wanted a birthday hand massage and clicked my thumb which was extremely funny but like I said this was all part of the great service. Can't wait to return.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

I liked the decor, the staff and the variety of food. The food was good but not mind blowing. It was certainly a welcoming place and somewhere good to meet with friends as it’s central and the atmosphere is nice.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Thought the menu was very limited could be a bit more inspirational, very bland food. We were given a couple of little saucers of yogurt to go with the pile of rice everyone had on their plate. There were six of us.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

I’ve been before over the years and in my opinion its not as good as it use to be and its not good value for money unless you catch the early bird deal.

The last visit before this one was a month ago and friends had to complain that there was not enough food for 2 on the 2 mix grill platters ordered. I had the halloumi bake that time which was pretty bland.

This Saturday 5 of us went at 6pm for just a main course each and small soft drink. The bill was over £80 which would have been acceptable if the food was up to scratch.

Each meal comes with rice and salad - The salad was a paltry side bowl between 5 of us! We complained and were given another bowl.

Our food
Mousaka - very bland
Chicken platter - bland and not of good quality.
Aubergine - tasted good and seasoned well but £13 for a stuffed aubergine is so overpriced
Chilli Lamb - good

I think its important to let restaurants know when they shine and fail, rather than just complain to others thus the review so that the owners are aware.

Thanks
Jules

4  Thank Juliet E
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is one of my favourite to go to with friends. There is an early bird menu on till 9 pm. There is a lot of choice on the menu and the food is always of consistently good quality. The staff are lovely and the restaurant atmosphere is comfortable.

2  Thank Liz-Al01