“Christmas meal.”

Ranked #21 of 488 Restaurants in Bury
Price range: US$9 - US$29
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: A beautifully restored building c.1905 Now open as a ground floor Pub (self Service for food and drink), 1st floor Restaurant (The Kitchen) - all served to you, and 2nd Floor Cocktail bar 'Fallen Angel' for Clarence diners. We also have our own micro brewery in the basement (Silver Street Brewing Co).. We offer pub dining as well as 'finer' dining... And we specialise in beer from 'The Tap' with a selection of Silver Street ales and guest ales too. You can just call in for a drink or a bite to eat. Booking advisable in The Kitchen especially at weekends.
Reviewed 3 December 2016

We had our works Christmas meal at the Clarence last night. I have to say I was extremely impressed with the whole experience. The staff are so friendly without it being 'false'. They are very attentive and make you feel valued as a customer. The food was fantastic. We had various items off the menu between us and each and every dish was excellent. The environment and building is lovely. All in all a great experience and I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 1 December 2016

Visited on 29/11/16 for lunch to celebrate my mums birthday. Received a nice warm welcome as usual from Connor with a hug for mum and a complimentary drink for her. Food was excellent, service was attentive but relaxed. The Clarence has now become our number one destination whilst in Bury. Whether it's a meal or just a drink you are after the service is equally as good.

Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

We visited here before going to a gig. Great food and lovely surroundings. My lamb rump was just delicious and beautifully presented. My husband had the rib eye steak and was not disappointed. We managed to try the white chocolate mousse for desert (also really good). With more time we would have stayed for cocktails too.

The menu had a good choice with some really interesting specials. The newspaper menu was a nice touch and I took mine home to read the articles (and choose what I'd have next time

I definitely recommend a visit here and sure I will be returning soon!

Reviewed 27 November 2016

Have been a regular consumer of real ale at The Clarence since it opened but went upstairs for the first time. Lovely staff, exceptional food, great atmosphere and overall one of my best ever meals .

Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

We have wanted to come here for a while and we took our opportunity whilst off work this week. We chose to sit downstairs as it was quiet and the pub inside is nice. The menus are printed on newspapers which is quite quirky and was filled with info about what is coming up over Christmas which is a good idea.
We have one major niggle and that is that no one came to take our food order and I had to go to to the bar myself after giving up waiting - not to be a diva but this isn't what you expect at a restaurant or gastropub and they seemed surprised that our order hadn't been taken. The other reason why we are annoyed about this is that there was only us two dining in the bar area.
They do a daytime menu but we chose off the normal menu - fish and chips - for my taste the chips didn't need all the seasoning as they were nice enough already but the fish for me was a little greasy and seemed to have too much batter. Personally I don't like that it was served in a plastic like tray - simply because it doesn't stay very warm but that maybe is just my preference, the presentation was fine. In all it wouldn't put me off going back but I won't be rushing to go again either. Automatic (their other pub/restaurant in Bury) is much better.