“Good location and good food”
Review of The Lamb

The Lamb
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Hindon
Price range: US$11 - US$31
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our fantastic team of chefs are taking the food at The Lamb to the next level. We offer beautifully cooked seasonal dishes throughout the day, including breakfast, lunch and dinner. With a menu full of freshly prepared works of art using some locally sourced produce you will not find a better offering in the area. Our produce is delivered daily, our fish comes from M & J seafood and our meat is sourced from around the UK from Solent butchers. The Lamb smoke their own fish, bake their own bread and make their own pasta. From delicious traditional British meals to a handful of dishes from different origins you are sure to find a dish to suit all tastes and appetite. Our delightfully lighter menu option in the bar area includes a sandwiches selection and boards during the day and home-made bar snacks with scrumptious scotch eggs and sausage rolls to have with a pint of Youngs or glass of wine. We serve food in our dining room and bar,we can accommodate whatever occasion you would like to share with us. Small social gatherings, business lunches or family feasts. But who needs an excuse to treat yourself, just drop by and simply enjoy a relaxing evening and let us make any day a special occasion. We have 2 private dining rooms The Meddling Pike which has its own bar and can seat up to 12 people and The Wylye Duck has its own private terrace and can accommodate up to 45 for a buffet and 30 people seated. Sunday's are something we like to shout about and our Sunday roasts are highly popular with locals and families. So please ensure you book in advance. We offer Children's meals including Sunday roasts the little ones can join in the Sunday fun.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Stayed here for one night on Travelzoo deal including dinner. Attractive looking pub with small parking area at rear. We had room 5. Reasonable size but quite a lot of large, dark furniture which to me made it feel cluttered. Others might think it cosy. Bottom of the window opaque presumably for privacy and as there is no view but this added to enclosed feel. Plenty of tea, coffee biscuits etc. Shower room open and spacious with plenty of room for your things. There were no toiletries in our room apart from handwash by basin. Not sure if this was just a one off as room information indicates toiletries are provided. Luckily I always travel with some. Nice to have window in shower room but I was surprised that there was no lock or restraint on it as sill was low and I would be concerned for safety of children. We found the noise of the air conditioning in our room quite intrusive and we had to turn it off to sleep. We were given a table by the window for dinner. Restaurant split into several areas so did not feel
crowded and there was good space between tables. Food was very good and service pleasant. Breakfast the next morning was good. As others have commented, bacon was well done. I assume it is intended to be crispy. Perhaps menu should explain this to avoid disappointment for those who like it less done. Service was not fast. Not a problem for us as we are happy to have a relaxed start to the day. Might be a problem if you had somewhere you needed to be. Pub is in good location in centre of village. Maps in room with plenty of walks.

1  Thank Rolin22
lambhindon, Front Office Manager at The Lamb, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

Dear Rolin22, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I have passed on your comments to the housekeeping department with regards to you having no toiletries in the room and the window in bathroom. I have also spoken to the kitchen with regards to the bacon.
I do hope that you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

I have driven past many times and finally got to stop and have dinner last night with my wife and 96 year old Dad. It was terrific food, served by very friendly and helpful staff.

There is a good choice plus some specials and the wine list is very good as well.

The Youngs bitter was top notch.

1  Thank Tony F
Reviewed 22 April 2018

I took two friends to dinner (which was good) at The Lamb two months ago on a very cold night. Was looking forward to a nice roaring fire however no fire and on mentioning what a pity there were no fires in the whole pub was told by waitress that the chimneys smoke out the restaurant. Maybe need to get them cleaned in order to add some atmosphere.

1  Thank judy4412018
Reviewed 13 April 2018

Not a single plate of food that was edible. Having been once before and had THE best meal in an age I was most excited to return with my husband and indulge in sumptuous plates of brilliantly cooked food. Not tonight. Tonight having waited too long for a starter what arrived was not as advertised (missing elements) or even cooked (raw in places), the food now returned to the mostly absent wait staff we opted for giving it a second chance... The same starter back to us with some elements corrected and less raw in places, it was however not fresh it was the previous sharing plate modified. Onward to the main course and never have I been presented with such a grey rubbery and somehow over cooked steak (ordered rare, delivered well), with my husbands burger that was still moo'ing and void of the accompaniments as promised on the menu we decided two hours of food failings was enough and we were best off headed home for our supper. The poor service was mildly improved by a comp'd steak and discount on the bill however as a local I will not be returning to chance such expense on so sorry a plateful of food. If you do take a chance I hope you get my first Lamb experience and not the latter, if you find yourself void of service the wait staff can be found grouped together around the back polishing cutlery.

This is my first review of any establishment, so compelled am I by disappointment.

4  Thank woodham10
Reviewed 13 April 2018

We quite often pop in here en route to Surrey from Devon as we did this evening, our beautiful Labrador Ted was thoroughly spoilt with a little doggie treat bag full of goodies ! Such a sweet gesture! A special thanks to the staff who made a fuss of him !

1  Thank Fiona B