1,239 results
All reviews bybrook restaurant the cottages afternoon tea the main house michelin star tasting menu junior suite four poster bed gin bar beautiful hotel grounds are stunning walk in shower picturesque village special occasion scones luxury hotel cream tea
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed in one of the small houses at the side of the hotel, Ludlow I believe is its name, the accommodation was large, beautifully furnished and clean. There was a huge bathroom with a shower, bath and TV. The bed was huge and with nice comfortable pillows. There was everything which we needed and it was all very comfortable. The hotel itself is beautiful, as are the gardens and grounds which are kept very well. We ate in the main restaurant on both evenings and the food like everything else was first class. The staff in every department are very helpful and polite and very efficient at what they do. A special thank you to Steven who put a cold bottle of Champagne and some truffles in our room for when we arrived, that made us feel very special. So a big thank you to everyone at the Manor House Hotel for making our visit a very memorable and enjoyable event, we can not recommend it enough.

The only downside was, the car park is full on a Sunday lunchtime due to people using the restaurant who are not guests, having said that a member of staff actually went and moved her own car to find us a spot, that just about sums up the service here - its excellent.

Room Tip: eat in the restaurant at least one night for a special treat.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and I spent a night at the Manor House for my birthday. We have a lovely stay the staff were attentive and friendly whilst the laid back atmosphere made us feel very at home. As non-golfers there was still lots to keep up occupied, walks, massage, garden games and more. I would love to visit again one day.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2018

When we arrived we were seated in a very an airy dining room. The waiter in charge explained that if we would like to order any more sandwiches etc., we only had to ask him. We ordered one more round of sandwiches (which of course are only 4 finger sandwiches which is usual for afternoon tea) and our guest who we invited asked for amother round. We did not order anything else as it was quite sufficient. The sandwiches were delicious as were the cakes and lovely warm scones and plenty of cream and jam. When we received the bill there was an additional charge of £6, when queried we were told we had ordered too many sandwiches. I spoke to the waitress about this extra payment and she said it was company policy as people could order rounds and rounds of sandwiches for no extra charge. Beware if you are led to believe there is no extra charge. When I rang the manager next day about this he was not available and would ring me back....he never... Also beware 2 gin and tonics £30.00. Would I go back again, probably as the afternoon tea is delicious.

Stayed: August 2018
Stephen-Manager, General Manager at The Manor House Hotel and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear 52karolina P,

Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased you enjoyed your Afternoon tea.

I am so sorry you were charged for extra sandwiches which is definitely not our policy, and I am not sure which manager you spoke to, however I will leave my number 01249 782206 so that you may contact me.

On a final point the gin and tonics are a double measure for that price.

Once again many apologies and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

We stayed for one night and have to say we had a very enjoyable time. The location of the hotel is first class and the room we had was very comfortable. We ate in the Bybrook restaurant in the evening & everything we had to eat was first class. The reason we have given 4 not 5 stars was the quality/service of the breakfast. Although we arrived at least 45 minutes before the end of the breakfast service the main buffet table was seriously lacking in supplies, the bowl of fruit was empty, depleted cheese board, & no croissants - we asked if the items could be replenished, it took forever and seemed such an effort for them. The cooked breakfasts lacked certain ingredients and when I asked why they were not there the waitress' reply was "what do you want me to do about it." We did not get the extra items as we had already waited for too long for breakfast. This is not the standard you expect for such a hotel. We mentioned it on departure but didn't get much of an apology. However, we would return at some point as hopefully this was not the usual breakfast standard - 3 stars for breakfast and 5 stars for everything else!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank holidaysabroad100

Dear holidaysabroad100,

Thank you for your recent feedback and I am so pleased you enjoyed your dinner experience in the Bybrook Michelin star restaurant.

As far as your breakfast comments are concerned I can only apologise wholeheartedly for the failings in what was provided, and of course if what was indeed said by a member of staff I am truly disappointed.

I know our Executive Chef is extremely concerned as to what happened, and indeed can only reiterate that this is definitely not our normal standard.

I appreciate your constructive feedback and once again many apologies.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

We had a wonderful stay for a family wedding. Stayed in the Paddock suite, which was absolutely huge! The bed was so comfortable and I had two of the best nights sleep I've ever had! The bathroom was fantastic with a huge walk-in shower and even a TV in the bath! Lovely tea and coffee machine in the room which is always much appreciated!
The only down side to our stay would be that the bath runs quite cold.. for some reason our bath water set on the highest temperature was only luke warm which was a shame but the shower was fabulous (and hot!) so it didn't cause too much of a problem. We also didn't have a vanity mirror anywhere in our room, just a full length one in the hallway.. again, this wasn't a huge problem as i had my own mirror, however for some people i can imagine this would be more of an issue.
All in all we had a lovely stay and were welcomed warmly by staff.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank bkp91

Dear bkp91,

Thank you for your great review and all the constructive comments.

Not sure why the hot water in the bath wasn't as it should be and we are looking into it right now!

There also should have been a vanity mirror in the room, thank you for pointing it out.

Once again thank you for the feedback and I am so pleased you enjoyed your time with us.