Open today: 9:30 AM - 7:00 PM

from US$85.60
from US$125.80
from US$78.90
12,325 results
All reviews audio guide english heritage shuttle bus visitor center gift shop bucket list actual site car park actual stones summer solstice entrance fee world heritage site walk up awe inspiring national trust members burial mounds free entry
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

I went to Stonehenge years ago before it got all redone and modernised (the information centre not the actual stones itself!) and wow the area has come so far, it’s so popular now!

I will be back in the near future to see what else has changed

Reviewed 2 May 2018

well worth the extra money for the tour bus from the main building. Dont try to go out there thru the side road unless you have a 4x4 vehicle. paying for the tour will get you as close as possible and is worth the price.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

We had a nice visit to the new visitors centre at Stonehenge. If you're able to walk, I'd suggest the 1.5 mile walk to the site instead of taking the shuttle buses as it's quite peaceful and you get to take in the beautiful countryside. Stonehenge itself was heaving as you'd expect, but the weather was great so we didn't mind! We even got a flypast from 2 Apache helicopters and got a close up of a Bustard, which have recently been introduced into the wildlife in the surrounding area.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

I understand that a lot of people aren't happy with the high-ish entrance fee, but it all goes towards conservation, so I won't complain.

This is the closest people have been able to get to the henge in quite some time, excluding solstice events. The area is well-kept and easy to get around, even if the car park was a bit of a drive from the highway after you've spotted the rocks on the road.

The bus service is a great way to get all of us visitors back and forth, and there is also a short walk you can take from the top of the hill to the spot. It's lovely, even in high wind and spotty rain.

As a photographer, one of the things I appreciated most about the viewing area and path around the henge was the varying distances to the stones, and the hill - perfect for eliminating people from the photo, if you choose or can wait just a bit longer.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

I went on Sunday April 29th at around 6 pm.

We did this as part of a tour through the company, Premium Tours. We did a sunset tour which included visits to Lacock and Bath, and after we got to visit Stonehenge after it is closed to the public, so we were actually able to step off the path and go into the inner ring.

Stonehenge is really amazing, and I can't imagine someone not being wow-ed by it. This is actually like the second henge built in this spot with the first being made out of wood, and then they delivered the rocks about 1,000 years later. It was super fascinating and the tour was definitely worth it. Though I did see that many people got away with not paying the entrance fee and instead driving up to a road along it, and then walking outside the fence. If you pay the entrance fee (like 20 pounds) you can walk alongside a path, that would walk you completely around the henge. If you don't pay the fee and stand outside the gate, you still have good views of it, but you can't walk completely around. And if you pay for certain tours, then you can walk INSIDE the henge.

p.s. it was super cold and windy and I almost froze. Please dress warm.

1  Thank Katie B