All reviews healds hall travelzoo offer taster menu cooked to perfection lovely evening wedding breakfast a bit tired for sunday lunch friends wedding course meal no lift nothing too much trouble wedding reception twin room venue yorkshire function
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had our cricket club annual presentation dinner here last night for the first time after going to the same place for years.
What a refreshing change!
The food was beautiful and delivered efficiently to over 70 of us.
The staff were amazing. Very professional, polite and welcoming.
I have to commend two of the waiting staff who were very young but so polite, smiley and professional all evening. The bar staff were friendly and accommodating and never made us feel we had out stayed our welcome.
I can see this being our new yearly venue!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2018

Dined here for their Taster Menu which was a 6 course meal. Over the past few years I have visited a number of restaraunts to sample taster menus and I can honestly state that this one was the best value for money of them all.
Fine dining at it's very best with all the courses being different from what I have tasted before. The fish, duck and beef courses were excellent and the Cuuliflower Veloute starter was magnificent. These were followed by a superb Sorbet and a Dark and Milk Chocolate desert.
Hats off to the chef for his excellent creations. As is normal at healds Hall the service was very good

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MirfieldOllie
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

We visited this restaurant for Sunday lunch on 30/9/18. It was my very best friend's 80th birthday celebration with my family.
Head waiter asked if we wanted to study the menu in the bar or sit straight at the table. We chose to sit at table and decide.
Our table was squashed into a corner just as you got into the room. Right next to the doors, had people constantly passing and my son in law was positioned in the corner with no hope of getting out until we had all finished.
A basket of cold read rolls was placed in the middle of the table after 5mins. After a further 10 mins I realised no-one was coming for our order. All other tables were being served.
I managed to get the attention of the head waiter to ask if our order was to be taken. He apologised and took the order himself. Totally unsatisfactory. After 5 mins the starters arrived. But there were only 5. We were a party of 6. I then had to get up and find the head waiter, as the person missing her starter was my friend and it was totally unacceptable.
He apologised, but made the mistake of blaming it on the restaurant being busy!!
Very poor service.
Everything then went smoothly until my granddaughter started her main course. She had requested beef but kept saying it didn't taste right.we didn't force her to eat it and her daddy stepped in and ate it for her. The reason she didn't like it was because it was Lamb. Poor Caitlin. This was the final straw for me and I would not return.
When you are paying £22.95 for a 3 course Sunday lunch, better service and attention to detail is required.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

On arrival I commented on how this hotel appeared to be a lot classier than another I’d recently had the misfortune of booking. I was wrong.

I’d love to be able to sleep, but this hotel doesn’t appear to be able to control its guests, so I don’t expect to get much tonight.

Had I not had a drink I’d have driven the two hours home but, alas, I’m stuck here for the night.

Might I suggest you limit the amount of alcohol you serve to wedding guests; that may prevent some of the shouting, screaming, and fights, and maybe allow other guests a little comfort.

The room is small, but comfortable and the staff I’ve spoken to seem nice, but all I really want from a hotel is somewhere to sleep, and Healds Hall has fallen at the very first hurdle.

1  Thank jamesbS2999PH
Reviewed 24 September 2018

We haven’t been here in over 20 years, but my wife saw an offer on the 6 course tasting menu that was too good to be overlooked! We were both really glad we tried it as it was simply excellent. Effectively it consists of 2 x starters, 2 x mains and 2 x deserts each. The quality, presentation and taste was outstanding, the staff were attentive without being intrusive and the whole experience was without fault. Highly recommended!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple