Open today: 7:30 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Best Open Competitions Going

I played in the Men's Open on 4th June 2018 - what excellent value for money and what a fantastic... read more

Reviewed 6 June 2018
sitaylor1
Preston, United Kingdom
Superb golf course

Played Seniors Open just after spells of heavy rain. Course was immaculate and beautifully... read more

Reviewed 19 September 2017
Graeme S
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 September 2016

If you get the chance to play at Ilkley GC, do it.
The course offers everything from narrow river edged holes to more open holes all superbly looked after by what looks like an army of groundsmen.
Hope to return soon

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed 25 September 2015

Colin Montgomerie, who sort of started out here, once said it was a jewel of a course. He was right. It's beautiful.
The staff in the bar are great and the food and drink are excellent.
BUT the Gold Medal goes to John, the pro who is without a shadow of a doubt the nicest and most welcoming pro I have ever met. He's retiring at the end of the year so hurry up or you'll miss him.

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed 13 August 2015

The setting for this course is magnificent. Whereas most courses are tending to be fast and running, this was green and lush. It was in excellent condition, so good in fact that you must think it doesn't get much traffic. We played an uninterrupted round in 3h 15m. Made to feel very welcome by the excellent professional. Definitely one to add to your lists.

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed 6 November 2014

Having not played a round of golf for several weeks I suddenly found myself hankering after a game one Saturday afternoon recently. I thought to myself where is there a nice course within twenty minutes or so drive (my desire for a game wasn't so strong as to make me want a long journey). The answer was obvious as Ilkley Golf Club is bang on that distance from where I live and I hasn't played there for some years.
I arrived at 3.30pm to a car park with just five other cars and was on the tee by 3.40. This being a couple of weeks ago and before the clocks altered. Two hours and ten minutes later I walked off this lovely course marvelling at the setting, the condition, the layout and the fact that I had seen just five other people playing on such a beautiful afternoon.
I didn't go into the bar and of course didn't eat any food in the clubhouse so cannot comment on those aspects of the club but as far as the course is concerned I can certainly recommend that you give it a go. It's a beauty.

Date of experience: October 2014
2  Thank Simon T
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I recently visited Ilkley as part of a large group of visitors from Woodsome Hall and we had the most fantastic time on a superb course.

We were travelling by coach and I had an organisational melt-down day. When I arrived I found I had left my putter at home. The professional could not have been more helpful offering me a selection of putters to try out for the day at no cost. He was so friendly and interested a real credit to the Club. My next gaff was not to have charged my yardage golf watch, but the bar staff were so obliging in helping me out with charging the unit in the morning so I could use it in the afternoon..again superb service.

The evening meal was just great and the staff very attentive.

So well done Ilkley. For any groups thinking of visiting, my advice is book it now!

P.S Don't know what the professional is going to think about me, when I turn up to collect the wash-bag that I left behind at the end!!!!

Date of experience: August 2014