“Ideal for visitors”
Review of Ilkley Golf Club

Ilkley Golf Club
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

The course hugs the river, heavily lined with mature trees, there are only a couple of slopes / elevation changes of note and few hidden obstacles, it is all there in front of you and isn't a really difficult course. As such it is an easy walk and ideal for visitors.
Anyone need ring a buggy should ring ahead as there are only a couple of single sweaters available.
All the staff were very friendly and welcoming.

2  Thank ReallyBadHat

Reviewed 14 September 2016

If you get the chance to play at Ilkley GC, do it.
The course offers everything from narrow river edged holes to more open holes all superbly looked after by what looks like an army of groundsmen.
Hope to return soon

Reviewed 25 September 2015

Colin Montgomerie, who sort of started out here, once said it was a jewel of a course. He was right. It's beautiful.
The staff in the bar are great and the food and drink are excellent.
BUT the Gold Medal goes to John, the pro who is without a shadow of a doubt the nicest and most welcoming pro I have ever met. He's retiring at the end of the year so hurry up or you'll miss him.

Reviewed 13 August 2015

The setting for this course is magnificent. Whereas most courses are tending to be fast and running, this was green and lush. It was in excellent condition, so good in fact that you must think it doesn't get much traffic. We played an uninterrupted round in 3h 15m. Made to feel very welcome by the excellent professional. Definitely one to add to your lists.

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 November 2014

Having not played a round of golf for several weeks I suddenly found myself hankering after a game one Saturday afternoon recently. I thought to myself where is there a nice course within twenty minutes or so drive (my desire for a game wasn't so strong as to make me want a long journey). The answer was obvious as Ilkley Golf Club is bang on that distance from where I live and I hasn't played there for some years.
I arrived at 3.30pm to a car park with just five other cars and was on the tee by 3.40. This being a couple of weeks ago and before the clocks altered. Two hours and ten minutes later I walked off this lovely course marvelling at the setting, the condition, the layout and the fact that I had seen just five other people playing on such a beautiful afternoon.
I didn't go into the bar and of course didn't eat any food in the clubhouse so cannot comment on those aspects of the club but as far as the course is concerned I can certainly recommend that you give it a go. It's a beauty.

2  Thank Simon T