“Beautiful course”
Review of Ilkley Golf Club

Ilkley Golf Club
Reviewed 13 August 2015

The setting for this course is magnificent. Whereas most courses are tending to be fast and running, this was green and lush. It was in excellent condition, so good in fact that you must think it doesn't get much traffic. We played an uninterrupted round in 3h 15m. Made to feel very welcome by the excellent professional. Definitely one to add to your lists.

Reviewed 6 November 2014

Having not played a round of golf for several weeks I suddenly found myself hankering after a game one Saturday afternoon recently. I thought to myself where is there a nice course within twenty minutes or so drive (my desire for a game wasn't so strong as to make me want a long journey). The answer was obvious as Ilkley Golf Club is bang on that distance from where I live and I hasn't played there for some years.
I arrived at 3.30pm to a car park with just five other cars and was on the tee by 3.40. This being a couple of weeks ago and before the clocks altered. Two hours and ten minutes later I walked off this lovely course marvelling at the setting, the condition, the layout and the fact that I had seen just five other people playing on such a beautiful afternoon.
I didn't go into the bar and of course didn't eat any food in the clubhouse so cannot comment on those aspects of the club but as far as the course is concerned I can certainly recommend that you give it a go. It's a beauty.

1  Thank Simon T
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I recently visited Ilkley as part of a large group of visitors from Woodsome Hall and we had the most fantastic time on a superb course.

We were travelling by coach and I had an organisational melt-down day. When I arrived I found I had left my putter at home. The professional could not have been more helpful offering me a selection of putters to try out for the day at no cost. He was so friendly and interested a real credit to the Club. My next gaff was not to have charged my yardage golf watch, but the bar staff were so obliging in helping me out with charging the unit in the morning so I could use it in the afternoon..again superb service.

The evening meal was just great and the staff very attentive.

So well done Ilkley. For any groups thinking of visiting, my advice is book it now!

P.S Don't know what the professional is going to think about me, when I turn up to collect the wash-bag that I left behind at the end!!!!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

From the minute we arrived, a party of 8 from Derbyshire, we were struck by the welcome from all personnel at Ilkley Golf Club.
The reception from the Club professional was first class; he dealt with all our requirements most efficiently.
I notice he has been at the Club for more than 30 years; that in itself tells the story.

We found the course very picturesque but at times demanding.Playing members of the Club were interested in our visit and all wished us well.

This is a Golf Club we hope to revisit in 2015