“Typical Yorkshire welcome”
Review of Ilkley Golf Club

Ilkley Golf Club
Reviewed 13 August 2014

From the minute we arrived, a party of 8 from Derbyshire, we were struck by the welcome from all personnel at Ilkley Golf Club.
The reception from the Club professional was first class; he dealt with all our requirements most efficiently.
I notice he has been at the Club for more than 30 years; that in itself tells the story.

We found the course very picturesque but at times demanding.Playing members of the Club were interested in our visit and all wished us well.

This is a Golf Club we hope to revisit in 2015

Reviewed 19 July 2014

It was a neighbour's 80th surprise birthday party on a Sunday lunchtime. The ambience was excellent, the surroundings beautiful, the course looked great, the staff friendly, the service good, the food really lovely and everyone was made to feel welcome and a good time was guaranteed for all. I would heartily recommend the club for a function.

1  Thank NivramWestYorkshire
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Ilkley was recommended to me many years ago, but I hadn't had the chance to play it until last week. I'm now regretting those wasted years. From first tee to 18th green, this is a course of outstanding beauty. The greens were in excellent condition, true and tricky in places (15th!) The river frames the first few holes wonderfully.
If you're planning a golfing tour of Yorkshire, this should be first on your list.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I play a lot of golf and have been fortunate enough to have played Ilkley on a few occasions. It's not the cheapest but the course is always in brilliant condition. Best course in the area and there are a lot of good tracks in these parts

1  Thank Fishnbev