All reviews front desk parking lot waffles indoor pool cookies hot tub king suite hot oatmeal perfect stay next morning free breakfast large bathroom breakfast choices comfortable stay comfortable beds the breakfast area morning breakfast
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

En route by car, to Maine from Charlotte, NC, we started looking for a hotel for the evening. The Fairfield Inn came up. We called and were able to get a room. They were in the process of remodeling. The room we got looked new. The bed was very comfortable and we were very happy with our accommodations. The breakfast was a delicious spread of a variety of cereals, breads, eggs and the coffee was the best!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank rubyshooz8
Fairfield_Hazleton, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear rubyshooz8,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. Its wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your experience and were able to enjoy our complimentary hot breakfast and coffee. We are also glad to hear that you liked our newly renovated rooms.

We would love to have you back when our remodel is fully done so you can also experience all of our updated public areas as well.

Thnak you again for your time and feedback!

Reviewed 23 September 2018

We were just hitting dense fog as we made it off exit 145 and it was nice to pull into the Fairfield Inn, even though we needed to go to the back due to renovations. No problem, warm cookies and iced water awaited us in the reception. The Marriott Rewards free upgrade to a Suite made it even nicer. Breakfast was nice the following morning.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Fairfield_Hazleton, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Dear Barbara O,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent experience at our hotel. We are so glad to hear that you were able to enjoy some of the amenities we provide to our guests such as the cookies and fruit water upon arrival and complimentary hot breakfast each morning.

We also thank you for being understanding about the construction at our front entrance. We hope to have this area completed in short time and we think our guests will truly love the new look!

Thank you again and we would love to have you back with us again if your travels ever find you back our way in the future!

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Booked several rooms for family members for a family funeral, including my grandson who was to be paid by me since he is in the army. Did not receive the military discount. And when we checked out on Friday, and he was staying until Saturday, he was locked out of his room and asked to pay for the last day in cash. A pure administrative mess. I had asked that his room be paid by me, his first few days were charged to my credit card but his last night was not. With no explanation. The staff is not well trained, maybe not very intelligent. If this was the very first Marriott I had stayed in, I would never stay in another. I can recommend Marriott, but not this one.

Room tip: There are other hotels nearby, I suggest you try them
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Fairfield_Hazleton, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear Don H,

We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay. However after having several follow up conversations with all parties involved, it was discovered that your grandson requested to pay for the 3rd night as he did not want you to be responsible for all 3 nights. Its unfortunate to hear your feelings on our staff as they were simply trying to accommodate that request.

We did follow up with you directly by phone and we hope this situation has been resolved.

We thank you for your business as a customer and thank you for your time.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

Wow. I have stayed at over forty different Marriott properties during my business life. This hotel got my attention. That front desk staff was very friendly. Gina, nice job welcoming your guests. The room accommodations were modern, spacious, and comfortable. What got my attention was a “hand-written” personal note from Maria, left in our room. It states: “Dear Customer. Thank you for staying with us. Enjoy your day. HSKP, Maria.” Marriott properties continue to impress me. The small things matter. The personal touch keeps me coming back.
Well done.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Fairfield_Hazleton, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Dear Clint G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. Its is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your time with us! I am so glad to hear you received the personalized note from your room attendant. One of our goals is to make our guests feel welcome and we are so happy that you felt this way.

Thank you for also taking the time to mention some of our associates by name. I will definitely share your feedback and I know they will be truly grateful!

Thnak you again for your feedback and we wuld love to have you back with us if your future travels ever bring you back our way!

Reviewed 19 August 2018

I was kind of anxious in reading some of the more recent reviews - we booked our stay a while ago. But we found the Fairfield Inn to be clean, comfortable and inviting. Everything looked new and smelled great (Those clean pillows matter a lot!) Perhaps guests should ask for an already-renovated room when they book?

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank RetiredPreK
Fairfield_Hazleton, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Dear RetiredPreK,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your recent experience at our hotel. Its is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay and liked our newly designed rooms! While we understand that décor is a personal preference and everyone has their own taste, we really love our updated guestrooms and public areas and are so happy to hear that you did too.

Thnak you again for your time and feedback and we would love to see you agasin!