Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Cold but exciting weekend..

Started out camping in tents at Pickerel Point Campground this past weekend and it was COLD but... read more

Reviewed 12 April 2022
H4356DRdanielf
Pickerel Point Campground - simply the best!

We stayed for the first time at Pickerel Point Campground in the Promised Land State Park. It was... read more

Reviewed 22 July 2021
penngirls
Pocono Summit, Pennsylvania

All reviews pickerel point electrical outlets tent camping rustic cabin campground neighbors pad kayak weekend beechwood mattress pennsylvania
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 October 2016

This was the maiden voyage, out of state, for us in our recently acquired 25' motor home. We were able to make on-line reservations and pay for the site in advance of our 3-day visit. Upon arrival, check-in was a breeze at the park office. The staff was well versed, friendly, and eager to help answer questions. Our site was lakefront, level, and had a full hook-up. A lantern post and picnic table were also provided on the roomy site. My husband "flipped" over the nearby restroom, declaring that I must come and have a look: it was pristinely clean, had Corian countertops, tile floors, several stalls, and smelled great. I was impressed. The bathhouses in our camping section (Pickerel Point), were equally impressive. The hot water showers are included with the camping fee. Also in the bathhouses were laundry facilities: a clean room with 1 each, coin-operated washer and dryer. Attached to the outside of the bathhouse were sinks for tent campers to wash up dishes. Hiking and biking were readily accessible, with many trails to choose from.

I look forward to a return trip to Promised Land State Park as soon as possible.

Reviewed 28 September 2016

We went on two trails; Little Falls and Conservation Island. Both take about an hour, try the falls first as it is tougher. Not often have I been in such a relaxing park with crystal clear water. I hope I have the opportunity to go back.

Reviewed 28 September 2016

Beautiful place to visit in the early fall. We stayed in the cabins which was a lot of fun. Lots of nature and we even saw a big black bear!

Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

Super clean, well maintained, beautiful! My husband and I came on a couples getaway. I immediately felt guilty for not bringing my kids! They would love it! We plan on staying a pickrell point next summer. Beautiful sites, lake, park and beaches.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed 21 September 2016

The park is a great place to relax. The upper lake, especially on a non-weekend in summer is very quite and serene.

The bicycle ride around the upper lake is very easy, about 8 miles, and very little car traffic. When there is a car, they are moving slowly. So it is fine for even small children to bicycle.

The two best short hikes are Little Falls Trail on the lower lake and Conservation Island on the upper lake. Both are very scenic. There are many miles of hiking trails in the State Park and adjoining State Forrest, but there is not much interesting to see on those.

1  Thank Tim S