1,306 results
All reviews drawing room window seat four poster bed radcliffe room afternoon tea groupon deal service lift pre dinner drinks cream tea special occasion wedding breakfast dressing room high tea scones main building fine dining sunken bath
Reviewed 26 March 2017

The Castle always offers a faultless service in all aspects of the hotel. The accomodation is particularly unique both in the castle and castle view rooms. Castle view suites are slightly larger with an additional sofa and seating area. We have stayed in the castle, castle view suite, and castle view rooms. We have stayed on many occasions, and visited for afternoon tea and have never been dissappointed. This is our bolt hold and always made to feel welcome. The service provided by the hotel and particularly staff have never faulted and we can ensure you your visit will be memorable. Even the Peacocks are stunning.

Room Tip: If you want a view, the Castle view rooms are the one.
2  Thank S1u2e3
Reviewed 22 March 2017

I used to review everywhere we stayed but kind of dropped off doing it for a while but if ever there was a reason to start writing reviews again then this is it.

My wife and I came for a 2 night stay in one of the castle view rooms (No 10) and our stay also included dinner on the first night, A cream tea and a tour of the castle, which all together made for a most enjoyable stay.

The WOW factor starts as soon as you turn into the drive and see the castle in its full glory for the very first time.
We parked up and made our way into the castle to not only be greeted by the reception team but also by the 2 mighty fine, suites of armour that stand astride the entrance to the dining room.

We were given our key and we made our way to our room, choosing to move our car a little closer only then to be greeted by the resident peacocks.

We entered our room which looked very impressive and in my opinion had the added nice little detail of the teddy bear dressed as a knight sitting on the bed waiting to greet us.

The room had everything we needed including a full strength wi-fi signal and a stocked mini bar though this would be my only criticism as nowhere could we find a price list for any drinks if we chose to have any.

Dinner was superb and the dining room was very impressive.

Our guided tour was a nice little bonus and the views from the top of the castle were spectacular.

I have to say that all of the staff were very polite but there was one young man in particular that was brilliant, unfortunately I never got his name but he is in one of the photographs I have attached to my review, He is a credit to the hotel and should be praised.

My wife and I have visited many hotels over the years and I can honestly say hand on heart this one truly has to be one of my favourites, so much so that I can't wait to come back and next time we will stay in the castle.

Well done Langley castle for a job very well done,

Reviewed 22 March 2017

We stayed for 4 nights to celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary. The wow factor hits you as soon as you drive through the gates you can't fail to be impressed. There is plenty of car parking so no issues. The welcome we were afforded at reception was just wonderful, so friendly & efficient. We opted for The De Lucy room in the castle & were not disappointed, the decor was just amazing & the walk in shower outstanding. The room was spotlessly clean. There was one chair with the fabric a little worn but not really an issue & yes as a previous review stated you can smell food but having stayed in The Grand Jersey 5* with the most disgusting smelling room give me the smell of food anytime!! The bathrobe & slippers were presented in very nice bag placed on the bed & there was also a personal letter with details of the hotel, weather etc a nice touch. There was a large bottle water replaced daily, although I have to say on one day it was just re filled with no lid which we didn't drink!!!
There was an excellent selection of beverages & delicious biscuits. A nice touch for me was a hair dryer with a defuser most welcome thank you. The bed was so comfortable giving an excellent nights sleep.
Breakfast was delightful with an excellent selection of freshly cooked options all served to your requirements. The afternoon tea is outstanding & I would highly recommend you try at least one, we also had the steak & chips one evening again delicious.
Then to the staff, the manger should be absolutely delighted with the whole team everybody but everybody was just so friendly & couldn't do enough for you. A special thank you to Aidan & our checkin/checkout lady.
I can't recommend this hotel enough everything was just perfect would I go again, try & stop me!! Thank you so much.

Room Tip: Upgrade to castle rooms they are wonderful
1  Thank msjlightfoot
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

Welcomed by lovely reception staff on arrival, checking in was simple and quick. Our room was a Castleview, just a minute walk from main entrance. Gorgeous room, plenty of space, and beautifully decorated. Nice comfy bed. Very clean. Nice bright bathroom, with plenty of accessories. Quite alot online from people above us, and this woke us at 6:15am with their slamming of wardrobe doors, but to be fair we didn't want to waste a minute so we git up early too. Not good if you're wanting a sleep in I imagine. Hairdryer, iron, ironing board, TV with sky, kettle and compliments tray were all provided. Free WiFi was available but WiFi had poor signal in room. WiFi signal was alot better in Castle. Both exterior and interior of Castle was stunning. Drawing room was very relaxed, with lovely little nook and window seat. We had cocktail before dinner, with plenty of aperitifs offered. Restaurant was lovely and romantic, staff were friendly yet professional. Food was gorgeous. The battlement tour on a morning was very interesting and informative, tour guide Aiden (also restaurant staff) was brilliant. Check out was also quick, would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Picky299
Reviewed 12 March 2017

Wonderful location, fantastic hotel. We upgraded to the Radcliffe room in the actual castle. The most amazing bathroom ever! We had a sauna plus the most fabulous bath. The room had a four poster bed plus a seating nook. The restauarant was excellent and the service couldn't have been better. Will definitely be going back

1  Thank debhibbert1