“Beautiful Grounds and very private”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
In-ground 40 X 20 pool!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 16 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Kenneth C
“Terrible accommodations, directions, and rude owner”
Reviewed 25 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

My friends and I chose this space for a one night stay. I now wish we would have opted for a hotel.
First, there were the directions to find the place. The address apparently recently changed so I was told to use the old address. Google maps did not recognize it. I called Denis and he was quite rude and dismissive. We ended up driving around for more than 45 minutes before finding the property.
Upon arrival, we discovered there was no ice in the freezer, only 2 towels, no extra blankets, mold in the coffee maker, and the bathroom was dirty. Additionally, the pool was not lit and 'closed' at 9 pm, which is not expected when renting a 'private' home.
Since the pool was closed, we chose to opt for watching college football. Unfortunately, the house did not subscribe to ESPN so that was not an option, nor did the owner provide WiFi.
Several of us ended up sleeping without pillows or blankets because there were no extras. In the morning, there were no instructions for cleaning, where to put the trash, or any other checkout instructions.

I have typically had wonderful experiences renting from private owners. This one was awful. Do yourself a favor, don't visit the 'Very Privet Pocono Getaway.'

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: The owners rudeness
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
10 Nov 2015
Rented my house for 2 people for 1 night! Asked them twice if it's gonna be 2 of them, didn't get any responds.. House is really easy to find, just use GPS and it brings you right to the property!!! Check in is at 4 PM, they called me around 9 and, I gave them the directions, then they called 10 times more, asking me same thing over and over again with very drunk voices.. When they came after 9PM it was dark already and we was resting at the house at that time, so no one saw how many cars, or people came... Early In the morning I saw in te window 8 teenagers coming out the house and leaving on 3 cars so quick that I couldn't even asked em why they lied to me... So I understood right away, why they came when it was dark already and never asked about anything... Obviously they couldn't ask me for more towels, or blankets, or to use a pool after 9PM if they really want to, because they didn't want me to know that there is 8 people instead of 2 there. So they took full advantage of me and my house, and at the end, left me a negative feedback... So if you are an owner and you want to stay out of trouble, do yourself a huge favor, do not rent to any teenagers ever, and that's exactly how I am gona do from now on!!!
maria g
York, Pennsylvania
“Horrible”
Reviewed 2 September 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

This place was awful!!! There was no oven, no hot water (the landlord ran out of oil in order to heat water) and the toilet bowl overflowed. We will never stay here again!!!!

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
17 Sep 2015
Woman was notified before they came that we ran out of oil for the weekend, and ready to refund her in full, no question asked.. She said that's fine they don't care about hot water and they will come & hang out on the pool anyways. So I gave her $150 Off her total rental because of that! Toilet bowl overflowed because they were throwing toilet papers inside the toilet instead of the can, left lots of mess after themselves, and empty beer bottles all over the place... I will never rent to them again!!!!!
Evan W
“Beautiful Grounds and very private”
Reviewed 31 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

Great property. Very clean and the grounds and pool are great. We only stayed a very brief time and it happened that there was nobody else using the pool - we just got lucky with that.

The address is a bit hard to find - the gps did not get me to the right part of the street, so you want to make sure you have good directions, but once there it is a pleasure. The pictures provide a realistic view of the facilities.

If you want a clean and quiet place to stay - this is it.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
vrumvrum1
Brooklyn, New York
“most relaxing vacation ever”
Reviewed 10 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

This house is prettier then the pictures!! We had a gorgeous relaxing vacation! House is big and spacious and and spotlessly clean! Pool was nice size, warm, and clean! Dennis and his family were really nice and helpful! we went with a baby and the accommodations were perfect! The house is situated in the center of all the Poconos hot spots! Overall we highly recommend this beautiful house to everyone!

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: the pool
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
KeyshawnJ
New York, New York, United States
“Great!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

The stay was very relaxing clean and well keeped,the owner was very accommodating and kind. I wouldn't hesitate at recommending this place to anyone infact I look forward to booking it again in the near future.

Travelling group: Other
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing