All reviewspaddlers lanethe main housetrain tracksthe riverthe kitchengreat placefalling waterbed and breakfastbeautiful potterycamping areahis truckohiopyle state parkgreat hostsohio pylegreat escapecamping tripjust in case
Reviewed 30 April 2018

I recently had the pleasure of staying at Paddler's Lane Retreat with four friends for a weekend. We have all had many experiences with B & Bs over the years and hands down, we all agree this was the best one yet!
The house is lovely, very comfortable, and has a special charm about it....it's right by the river with a sitting area by a fire pit. It is a close distance to Ohio Pyle and a short drive to the Falling Waters home and plenty of hiking and river adventures.
But, what also made this B & B so special is the warm, welcoming nature of our host Dan (aka: Bernie). He went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed and did so with such a gracious, fun personality. He makes a fantastic breakfast too!
All five of us started planning when we could make a return trip to Paddler's Lane before we even left!

Room Tip: There is an option to book the loft area which would be a fun place to stay for kids!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank staceycakes28
Reviewed 27 April 2018

I stayed overnight while biking the GAP trail. It's right across the river from the trail, though you have to go through the town and then about a mile and a half to get here. But it's a wonderful spot! The room was beautiful, I enjoyed hanging out with a group of other guests by the fireplace downstairs. And Dan is a ridiculously helpful host who redefines 'going out of your way' to help a guest! I highly recommend this place. And the train noise is really no big deal at all. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Maureen M
Reviewed 22 April 2018

We slept in the Riverside Room but since we were the only ones in the house, we had it all to ourselves! Of course Dan provided a warm welcome, friendly and interesting conversation, and a great breakfast. The place was very clean and inviting with great views of the river and lots of open green space. The train was more a novelty than an annoyance for one night, plus they have ear plugs on the nightstand, just in case! Traveling there from town was interesting and the dirt lane into the property caused concern but just dodge the potholes and you'll be fine. Of course we bought some beautiful pottery pieces but that was our choice. Wifi and TVs worked fine.

Room Tip: Get one with private bath.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I want to affirm the positive reviews that have been said on this page. Paddler's Lane Retreat was fantastic place and a great value. Dan is a terrific host. I stayed at another popular place and I enjoyed Paddler's Lane much more due to Dan's hospitality. I am looking forward to coming back here again soon. I had no problems sleeping with the train noise here. The trains were much more noticeable in Meyersdale, compared to Confluence. I was impressed with Dan's pottery and bought some.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2018

Paddler's Lane Retreat was fantastic. I rode the GAP trail on a cold snowy (yes snowy day) and when I arrived in town called Dan to let him know I had made it and would be about another hour before I got to the B&B. Without even asking he DROVE INTO TOWN and picked me up at the restaurant I was eating at and shuttled me to the house. He even took me back into town the next morning. Breakfast was awesome (lots of great coffee) and a thoroughly enjoyed talking with Dan. Just a fantastic way to end a long cold day on the trail. Can't say enough about how nice this stay was!!!!

Room Tip: I wouldn't worry about the train. Its actually kind of cool and for me at least not at all a bother.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo