“I love this place and so do all the people I have brought here.”

Blue Heron Cheese & Wine Company
Ranked #1 of 4 Shopping in Tillamook
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

We discovered this place years ago and we go out of our way to return to it whenever we are in the area.

I usually find myself tasting the cheeses, or trying the various dips. My favourite way to spend my time is wandering around the store looking at the unique merchandise. This often results in purchasing items for birthdays, Christmas or hostess gifts.

Sometimes we will go to the restaurant for something to eat, or pick up chocolates or ice cream for dessert.

On this trip, I spent some of my time just wandering around outside watching the various animals.

If you have never been here, I urge you to check it out, you won’t be disappointed.

1  Thank greenspratley
in 4 reviews
"worth a stop"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Talk about samples this place has got a ton of them!! All kinds of jams, dips and sauces to try and buy.
They have a small restaurant inside and an adorable farm with llamas, goats and chickens you can feed and pet.
Great place for the kids and family to stretch your legs and grab a few snacks.
You can also try some baked Brie behind the cheese counter they will prepare it for you.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

We visited the Heron while we were staying in Rockaway Beach on vacation. We went there because the sign said ‘petting zoo’ and we have a 2 YO who loves animals. Outside is super fun with lots of funny boards for you to stick your head in and take pictures, Llamas, donkey, peacock, chickens, goats, sheep for you to pet. My son loved it, lots of giggles.
Inside was great too, lots of samples, a clothing section with GREAT hats, wine, seating area to have lunch, coffee bar and of course cheese! We bought a very sharp cheddar and Brie, both excellent! We will be back for sure. Thank you!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

This is a great place to visit! The food is really good, the shop is fun, nice setting, fun petting zoo, wine tasting, and more. This is a VERY popular place. It's great to meet friends for coffee or lunch. The fare is always interesting. Outdoors is a fun petting zoo for the kids -- but a bag of food insider for feeding. Then there are lots of old machines and a train the kids can climb on and in. It's easy to spend a couple of hours here. If you are traveling with children, let them run and play in all this to get rid of some energy before you move on.
There is a wine bar or wine tastings, snack trays, glasses or bottles of wine. the gift shop has a wonderful assortment of specialty foods and fun finds.