All reviews nespresso machine happy hour in the evening complimentary coffee in the lobby pillow menu front desk great toiletries facility fee food truck great hotel free beer downtown restaurants large bathroom corner king room hotel provided both mornings public parking per night
Reviewed 14 May 2018

This used to be a Westin located on Alder downtown. We usually walk here from the train station, check in, and then walk to the Tom McCall Waterfront, Art Museum, downtown shopping, easy to catch the muni to the airport, etc. etc. Hotel is close to everything. We usually don't bring a car when going to Portland. Parking at hotel is $49 a night. Lots of restaurants nearby. a great Goodwill boutique over about 5 blocks near the library.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room; altho we don't care since we are in it only to sleep. They do have suites that are great.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rosielikestotravel
Zach M, General Manager at Dossier Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Dear Rosielikestotravel,

Thank you so much for coming back to stay with us and for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are centrally located in the city and as you pointed out, walk-able to the train, restaurants and many of the main attractions in the city. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We did 3 cities in 2 weeks - Seattle, Vancouver BC and Portland, this was our favorite place and we stayed at more expensive properties in the other cities. Good room size for a standard, good bathroom, quiet and good beds. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a standard and it was great, can't comment on other rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SortFirst
Zach M, General Manager at Dossier Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Dear SortFirst,

I am happy to hear that you toured all through the NW and found what many have before, that Portland and the Dossier are the best stop on the trip. We very much appreciate your patronage and feedback, as it truly is the best measure of how we are performing as a hotel. I can assure you, our team will be here to welcome you back next time you come to our wonderful city!

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Clean room with creepy photos of farm life in the Swiss alps and loud neighbors slamming doors and arguing. Restaurant staff was rude and the breakfast just average. Hotel desk and valet staff were very nice.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear 99burban,

Thank you for providing us your feedback and most importantly your business. I am sorry that we failed to deliver the complete experience that we aim to provide every guest. I am excited to hear that our front desk and valet staff were so welcoming and I am happy to report that over the next month, we will be completing a full refresh of our artwork that features local artists with a natural theme which celebrates the beauty of the NW. I can assure you that while your neighbors were loud, this is a rare scenario and should not be expected for future visits. I am very happy you brought the issues in the restaurant to me, as it gives us an opportunity to work towards addressing these problems. In the end, I hope that you can give us another chance to show you what an amazing experience can be had here.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

The rooms are nice and very well maintained. We were greeted at “wine-hour” by the hotel manager. He recommended places to eat, and was very hospitable. It was very charming and modern without kitsch. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: April 2018
Zach M, General Manager at Dossier Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Dear braudkara,

It was so nice to meet you at our Social Hour and I am very happy to hear that you stay and trip to Portland went so well. I hope to see you at Social Hour the next time you come back to us.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

Upon arriving late I was greeted warmly by the front desk. There was an issue with the room that they weren't able to fix right away so they were able to get me another room right away. They nicely enough upgraded me (although I didn't ask for it)to a higher up floor. From that point on, it was a great stay.

The location is right downtown and gives you access to everything the city has to offer. It's across the road from the food trucks for an easy meal and within walking distance of Blue Star for a morning donut! Being close to Pioneer Square makes it easy to access public transport around the city and from the airport, which is handy for those without a car.

The room amenities were great and the shower was awesome. This may sound weird but the lobby always smelled great and the staff were always helpful. If coming back to Portland I'd definitely look to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Dear mameshiba,

We appreciate very much your business and it truly is the best for us to hear that our guests enjoyed the property and service we strive to offer so much. I hope we are on your short list of places to re-visit, we will definitely make sure that everything is as you left it this time including the custom lobby scent.