All reviews great location city tavern huge tv diamond member tiny bathroom meeting space counter space lobby restaurant guest rooms reception desk special thanks cleaning staff food truck corner room nice hotel enjoyed my stay early check
Reviewed 26 May 2018

Nice clean hotel, excellent location in Downtown Portland. Room and bath were relatively small (huge TV, though), given the very high price for the room. I just returned from Washington DC, where I enjoyed a much nicer (brand new) hotel experience in the trendy Wharf District for much less money per night than this Hilton cost. Decent hotel, but too expensive for the accommodation.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Matthew S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Portland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Hello AccordingToFred,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding the service and cleanliness of our hotel. We pride ourselves on delivering memorable experiences for every guest that chooses to stay with us. Our rates fluctuate based on our occupancy and the time of the year. If you plan to return please feel free to reach out and we'll do our best to find you the best rate possible for your time in Portland.

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

We’ve just had the most amazing stay here at the Hilton! Everyone is so friendly! Brianna gave us an awesome honeymoon bottle of champagne! Made our night! Olivia has also been wonderful checking in with us along with Brianna to make sure everything is wonderful!

The bar staff has been also amazing! Marissa has been so nice to us! Carla has also been so amazing and got us a free breakfast!

We’ve had the best stay here, absolutely amazing! You all rock!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Keri Y, Front Office Manager at Hilton Portland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Congratulations Jonathan N on your nuptials!! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you in the future...maybe an anniversary!

Best wishes to you both!

Reviewed 24 May 2018

Travelling to Portland for me is an almost annual occurrence, so I've stayed at more than my fair share of Portland hotels. This one is probably one of the nicer ones I've stayed at.

First off, the location is right in downtown, which makes it a short walk to many of the shopping areas and fairly close to the food carts if that's your thing. Since I was only staying overnight, I didn't use their parking and instead parked on the street so I don't have any details on parking costs.

Check in was fantastic - the lady who checked me in was very pleasant and even looked up my HH details to get me free WiFi and in room water without me asking for it. The room itself was very nice - a huge flat screen TV (that has a built in Chromecast for all you techies that want to watch YouTube on the TV instead of your phone) There's also a small desk for work, and the beds were super comfortable. The room, linens, towels, etc were all clean, as you would expect from a hotel of this level. One thing to note is that the room was a little on the smaller side, but it certainly wasn't as cramped as say a NYC hotel room.

Overall, this is a great hotel. Convenient, clean, fantastic service. Was also a great deal on Priceline for the day I was staying which was a bonus!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Keri Y, Front Office Manager at Hilton Portland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Thank you syee99 for the kind review! We appreciate the positive feedback and are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do hope to see you on your next visit!

Reviewed 23 May 2018

I stayed here for a trade show at the Oregon Convention Center. The convention center is about 15 minutes away via light rail which runs very frequently. I had a corner room on the 17th floor which had a nice view. The hotel overall was very clean and I liked the design of the lobby and rooms. There's a small coffee shop with grab-n-go items which was very convenient in the morning. Close to lots of excellent dining and shopping options. No in room refrigerator. Overall, would stay again.

Room Tip: Corner room was roomier and had a nice view
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Bethany P thank you for the review! We are glad you were able to enjoy the hotel while you were here with your convention...we do hope you are able to visit again and further enjoy the city!

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Just spent two delightful nights here. Arrived early by plane...too early for checkin without paying an additional surcharge. When David at the front desk noticed from my identification that my birthday was the following day he graciously waived the fee and I was able to go to my room immediately! A huge plus as you all can imagine. The next day when we returned to the room a beautiful gigantic piece of cake and a card wishing me a happy birthday was waiting! Made my day doubly special! I must mention the friendly and helpful housekeeping lady as well, She is full of personality and always asked if there was anything more she could do for us. I have stayed in three hotels in Portland recently,all very nice ,but will certainly return to the downtown Hilton on stays from now on.

Room Tip: we had a lovely view from the 16th floor...so high floors advised
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank vratcliff

Thank you vratcliff!! We are ecstatic that you enjoyed your birthday...and David was excited to help you celebrate with a treat. Happy birthday and we hope to see you again!