US$183
US$244
EmbassySuites.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$276/night.

Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$220/night.

Sentinel(Portland)
US$196
Official Website
Paramount Hotel(Portland)
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$236/night.

Park Lane Suites & Inn(Portland)(Great Value!)
US$175
Priceline
2,350 results
All reviewsfrench presssymphony suitechocolate shopturn down servicehistoric hotelroom servicevalet parkingrooms are smallwonderful hotelheart of downtownthe location is perfectpioneer squarestreet noisebed was very comfortablevisit portlandthe pearlfew blocks
Reviewed 1 May 2018

This was my second time to Portland, but my first stay at The Heathman. Getting here from the airport was easy - I took the red line and got off at Pioneer Square North and walked for 0.2 miles - less than 5 minutes. The check in was smooth and my room was on the 4th floor. Was totally jetlagged and thought of having a dinner at the Headwaters restaurant on the 1st floor - it was heavily crowded - I was placed in a corner of a bar amidst loud noises. The room was good - clean. The TV was about 75" and was a bit huge for the room. Bed was comfortable. The room was facing the street - may be the jet lag helped me to sleep without any disturbance. There is a 5$ waiver at the bar or restaurant if you decide to decline the room cleaning - I did, but did not get any voucher - did not bother to ask as my time was very limited. (Remember that when I stayed at another hotel in Portland, they slid a voucher under the door, which I could use at the restaurant). Overall, quite positive and would return if I need to visit Portland again.

Room Tip: I assume higher floors should be nicer. there was nothing wrong on the 4th floor where I stayed
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
darynw, General Manager at The Heathman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Jithesh1975,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay! Please do not hesitate to reach out to me or Daniel at daniel.kahn@heathmanhotel.com so that we may research what happened with our Green for Green program.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Good overall experience, despite the construction. But a variety of basic details were disappointing (mostly in the room, see the previous questions/comments from the other page) including doing the review right now--I just completed a review and got shuttled to another page of questions?

davidhardy2018,
Thank you for staying with us and providing feedback. I have read and shared your comments from the other page. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

First off, let me start with saying the staff from the front doormen all the way through were very pleasant. There are three things that annoyed me about the hotel, #1 there was a resort fee of $25.00, for what I am not sure. There is no amazing facility here that justifies the price #2 there is only 1 elevator and its is the slowest one in the world #3 the construction is annoying. Positives, location, the renovated rooms are nice and the staff was fine.

1  Thank joshuaamos

joshuaamos,
Thank you for staying with us and providing your feedback. We have shared your comments and celebrated with the staff. We will use your list as we discuss our strategies to constantly strive for improvement.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Nothing about this hotel is distinctive. Everything about it is average. If historical means old, tired, run down and in disrepair then so be it. The room was small. The recently renovated bathroom needed improvements in the shower tiles. The gym was adequate. Average.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

JeffG1956,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. We will use your comments as we are continually striving for improvement - including ensuring that our service is distinctive!

Reviewed 28 April 2018

The Heathman is great. Even though it was undergoing remodeling, everything was great. We really enjoyed dinner at the bar in the Headwaters Restaurant. Our bartender, Andrew, was so engaging we had a great evening. Everything we ate, especially the crab cakes, was first rate. We were only there one night but we will stay there when we are back in Portland

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ggps328

ggps328,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. We take great pride in the service we provide and celebrated with Andrew. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!