1,866 results
All reviews willamette river degrees restaurant river place rocking chairs athletic club a river view room the river walk wine hour complimentary wine beautiful room valet staff close to downtown wonderful hotel valet parking happy hour the location is perfect full kitchen
Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

I visited RiverPlace Hotel in September 2016, amazingly located on the waterfront of Williamette River in downtown Portland, Oregon . This gracious and welcoming Hotal overlooking a small craft marina that is beautiful this was my high light of this trip aside from my business meeting. Another one of my high light was the Lucere Resturant overlooking the river which I recommend visiting any time of the year .. with Best Wishes ✨

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Ryan K, General Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2016

Hello, thanks for the review and the very kind words about the hotel and your experience! For those reading your review that are planning their travels I should mention that sadly the Lucere restaurant has closed its doors. This is not a restaurant that we are associated with but we are in high hopes that a great restaurant will soon use that amazing space right on the water. In the meantime be sure to checkout our restaurant, 3 Degrees, you won't be disappointed in the food nor the views. Thanks again.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 29 November 2016

This is a beautifully managed and maintained hotel! It represents the Kimpton brand extremely well. It's a bit off the beaten track but close enough to stroll to the action. The river views from hotel are nice and relaxing especially sitting near a fireplace drinking a warm bourbon and cider cocktail..
Despite the fact that our chosen room did not have a view, the room was clean and very well appointed, cozy even.
The staff, however, is this hotels biggest asset. From the front door bell service to the desk staff, to the bar service and restaurant staff...excellence with ease..is what we encountered. Every staff member seemed to enjoy their job and that radiated as a nice Zen quality and reinforced commitment to their every interaction. My husband and I had a Grand time. I would name names but it would mean so many that went above and beyond would not be mentioned because I cant remember every name...I will however try to single out the very charming and accommodating Assist Manager Tim O' ? Thank you all for a lovely little stay,

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

You are very welcome for the lovely little stay but we should be thanking you! I will be sure to pass on your review to the entire staff but especially to Tim O', he is truly an amazing asset to the hotel. Thanks for the love!

Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

We were upgraded to a one bedroom condo with a balcony overlooking the river. The staff was extremely friendly and professional. Our condo hotel room was spacious and well appointed. The king size bed was comfortable with good linens and the fireplace was warm and inviting. We loved the river view from our balcony. The area surrounding the hotel is lovely with lots of green space and water. The walking/running path along the river is perfect! The food at the restaurant/bar was good, much better than expected. I definitely recommend this hotel and will be staying at Kimpton hotels in the future!

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2016

Totally enjoyed the ease of access to my business meetings downtown. Loved the boardwalk walk in the evening for lovely meal overlooking the river and the jog in the morning. Comfortable beds and a lovely glass of wine to close out the day. Surely will do it again.

Room tip: ask for waterfront view
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Ryan K, General Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2016

Well with kind words like yours we would love for you to join us again. I just love the title of your review, sometimes professional and classy don't always feel comfortable and our service and accomidations strive to hit all three. Thanks for the awesome review!

Reviewed 23 November 2016

We arrived 3 hours early at the hotel for check-in. We really did not expect to be able to get into our room, but since we had been traveling since 4:00 am, we hoped to be able to just relax and take a nap. We were delighted when we were told our room was ready! From the front desk, to the friendly and efficient valets, to the hostess and waitstaff in the dining room who remembered us at subsequent visits, the service was great!

Room tip: Get a room with a view of the Willamette River; it is spectacular!
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you Peggy! Yes, travels beginning that early in the day require a great nap, so happy to hear we had a great room waiting for you. Also happy to hear the staff was efficient and friendly! We all hope you have a great Thanksgiving holiday and we do hope to see you again before the year is up.

Kind Regards,