All reviews waffles covered parking indoor pool and spa choice hotels shortest river cookies location is great hot tub parking lot very nice hotel free breakfast oregon coast biscuits and gravy stayed one night great room a great place to stay third floor
Reviewed 1 October 2018

We recently returned from a trip to the coast where we stayed at this hotel. We had previously stayed there before and liked it, so we chose to make that one of our stopping points as we traveled down the coast. During check-in, I joked with my husband that he was going to have to carry everything up the stairs to the third floor and the clerk said they had an elevator (which we already knew). Shortly after check-in we got in the elevator with our belongings to go to our room. We got in, it started to go up, then clunked back down sharply and the doors stayed closed. It was scary. When the doors didn't open after awhile, we use the call button and got a busy signal for several minutes, so we pressed the alarm bell several times. The elevator is right around the corner from the check-in desk, and was clearly audible. After several minutes of the call button getting a busy signal and our alarm bell going unanswered, the call button was finally picked up by the front desk and he was able to let us out another minute after that. The only reason we got through on the call button is because the phone it rings through to was finally not busy. He didn't even come to check out the clearly audible alarm bell, nor did he come see if we were okay when the door finally opened! When I got out of the elevator I went to the desk, and I asked what happened. He was completely unconcerned and said that was the second or third time it had happened that day. He didn't even warn us! We got trapped in that elevator for a good 5 minutes and he was completely nonchalant about it. I told him he needed to put a sign on the elevator, and he said he was working on it, but I never saw one go up during our stay. I myself warned people away from the elevator, and I heard at least one other couple do the same.

The next morning, I asked at the front desk if the elevator was repaired. I wasn't willing to use it myself, but was willing to send our belonging down in it, if it was working. The young woman said it wouldn't be repaired for several days, but that it only trapped people in the morning (as if it was the most normal thing in the world). We explained that we were trapped for a good five minutes the day before in the late afternoon. She seemed completely unconcerned about the elevator trapping people.

After we got home, I wrote to the hotel manager about our experience and he did not respond to two emails sent two weeks apart. The only communication we had was a generic "We hope you give us another chance" message we received after filling out the national chain's survey about our stay. At this point I'm going to research the agency responsible for hotel and elevator safety and report this hotel for its careless disregard for its guests' safety.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
shawn m, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Lincoln City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you endured for the short time our elevator was down. Sometimes, unforeseen mechanical issues arise with any machine. We do our very best to mitigate these inconveniences, but as we are not elevator mechanics we do not have the understanding or knowledge to diagnose an elevator problem. We are sorry that this caused you discomfort but we feel we have done everything we could given the circumstances.
Thank you and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Very clean hotel. Nice staff breakfast was ok. Good check in and check out experience. Reasonable price compared to some of the other hotels in the area. We only needed a place to sleep close to the beach which is a plus if you want to walk a little and don’t need to drive to get to the beach access.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Easy access by HWY 101 in Lincoln city, great location across the street from the beach, plenty of parking but somehow crowded..., breakfast included, very clean and updated throughout the property and rooms ..., indoor pool and spa ( spa didn’t work ) and fitness center. The fact that the spa wasn’t working is a disaster for me as I love the spa before going to sleep...., everything else was TIP TOP,

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2018

We usually like to stay right on the beach when we go to the coast, but this was a last minute thing so settled for a place that was about a 5 minute walk from the beach.

Checking in was slow as there was only one guy working the desk and about 4 people needing to be checked in. From that moment on though service was an A+. Everyone was friendly, accommodating and seemingly truly cared that we were there. Best moment was when my daughters and I went to the workout room as my wife and the baby were taking a nap. Was not aware kids were not allowed and the staff allowed the kids to watch TV in the breakfast area and made them cookies while I worked out and mom and baby slept. It was awesome!

Breakfast was great (breakfast room was too small), wifi was perfect, rooms were pretty clean (minor issues), parking was horrible (again to small) and location was great.

Overall we had a great time and while we prefer beachfront, we would consider this place again.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a small sliver of an ocean view.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

The staff were wonderful, very welcoming, helpful. The kitchen team were very customer service oriented and we really appreciated their attention to detail, continually monitoring and maintaining supplies. The room we had was spacious and good layout. But we did notice an odor and several large stains on the carpet. We are very responsible pet owners and we understand the hotel charges a nightly fee for each pet that is nonrefundable. We were told the pet fee goes towards carpet cleaning including shampooing the carpet. By the looks and odor in the room, I doubt the carpets are cleaned and shampooed each time guests have vacated their rooms after their stay. We liked the close proximity to the beach and a park. We also appreciated the hotel front desk being staffed for the majority of the day.
I would suggest that the hotel partner with the local park in installing pet waste bags and dispensors next to garbage cans and add more garbage cans. Maybe this will help the poor condition of the park. Also, I think the hotel should fine a fee or ask guests to leave if they do not pick up after pets outside the hotel and near the park.

Stayed: September 2018