“Still a worthwhile stop”

Stonehedge Gardens Wine Country Bistro
Ranked #5 of 147 Restaurants in Hood River
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 25 September 2018

Great location up in the hills, but development is starting to approach the restaurant, which used to entail taking a long dirt road up to it. Now, perhaps one third of the length that it used to be, but the restaurant is still in a historic building and isolated, still presenting the feel of being in nature while enjoying a meal.

Service was still good, everybody on their staff worked together to ensure we were satisfied, as we had multiple points of contact. In addition to pleasant spring weather, we had music in the background. It made a good impression on my date, thus it made a good impression for me! I missed seeing their salmon on the menu this time; that was to die for, the best I've ever had anywhere. They also had a bread pudding that was outstanding, but I couldn't convince my date to give it a try. Oh, well, next time!

Reviewed 23 September 2018

What a wonderful dinner experience this was! The food, service, and ambience were beyond awesome. Very popular restaurant, and for good reason. Make a reservation and ENJOY. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE!

Reviewed 21 September 2018

Friends took us to Stonehedge Gardens a few nights ago. We wandered in around 5:30 on a Tuesday without reservations. It was obvious the restaurant was very busy, but the owner had a lovely table for us in a room with a gas fireplace. He checked back a couple of times to make sure we were being properly cared for and enjoying our meal.

All four of us raved about our meal choices. The salads were generously sized and fresh. The dressing was lightly done and not at all overpowering. My crab cakes were to die for, our friends both had tuna which they said was some of the best they had had. My husband enjoyed his pork with capers.

Our meals came with some foccacia bread, rice, brussel sprouts, and a zucchini fritter. Three of the meals also included a small slice of flourless chocolate cake. (See note below.)

I will definitely go again. I cannot believe I have passed by the sign hundreds of times, yet never driven up the driveway and tried it. I've missed some good meals...

There is a lovely outside patio for dining in warmer weather. It is a gorgeous wedding venue.

Note: Ask for the special 3 course menu. The entre portions are a bit smaller, but you will definitely get enough to eat. The meal comes with bread, salad, choice of entre, and a small dessert.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at the Stonehedge Gardens. The staff and the owner in particular were very friendly. Food was very good and also very reasonably priced. A good place to eat in Hood River

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were searching for offbeat places to dine yesterday, and stumbled onto your establishment. We met several of your staff including Ashley, Letty, Shiela, Jesus, as well as co-owner Mike(wife Shawna turns out the amazing food from their kitchen). Our light appetizers, mixed cocktails, and wine were all amazing. Their terraced seating areas gave guests an aura of intimacy and privacy we have not found until now. They have rock gardens to view as well as a more secluded area where they host and cater weddings. We had an amazing evening.
Thank to all the staff who made us feel like family. In a ranking of 1-10, we would give you 12. Thank you, and we will be back.