“Trying to find a place to eat on a Sat nite in Hood River”
Review of Romul's

Romul's
Ranked #34 of 147 Restaurants in Hood River
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Got into town and places were packed. Found Romul's. Definitely Italian. Ordered lasagna, too many mushrooms for my liking but it tasted delicious. Desert was awesome. Very attentive service.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

The two stars is based entirely on the food. I should say that the atmosphere of the restaurant was nice and the service was good. But this just raises your expectations which are then dashed when the "food" arrives. I had the chicken Marsala, which was tasteless but edible except for the green beans which were too tough to chew. My husband had the chicken parmesan which looked and tasted like someone had tipped a can of spaghetti over some noodles and then plunked a desiccated, over-cooked piece of sliced breaded chicken on the top. The breaded chicken fingers at MacDonald's are WAY better. He could not detect any seasonings whatsoever and had to add a ton of salt and pepper to give it any flavour at all. Is the person in the kitchen a cook or just someone that assembles instant food on a plate?

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Fun decor, welcoming onsight owner, very good food. I'm not an authority on Italian wine so asked the owner to pick out the wine and surprise me. He smiled and brought me a wonderful tasting Chianti. Veal ricotta was great. My wife loved her pasta . Was thrilled by quality and choice of vegetables in the pasta.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had lasagna for dinner and it was fantastic...great sauce! Excellent, attentive service. Would recommend Romul's to anyone visiting Hood River!

Reviewed 1 September 2017

First, the ambience is very nice--a great date venue. Tables are comfortably spaced and clean. Second, I had the lobster ravioli, and it was to die for! My husband had the chicken marsala, which was also very tasty and nicely presented. Their take on tiramisu is not to be missed, by the way. The mascarpone has some flavor, and the dessert overall was not cloyingly sweet as it often is elsewhere. Service was personable and attentive but not hovering.

The only area I could perhaps fault is that they offer wine by a general varietal name at one price rather than offering a standard wine list. When there is such a range of what "chardonnay" tastes like, I would like to have more information before making my selection. To their credit, they do offer tastes of possible pairings. They seem to be going for offering more in the way of trendy cocktails. I hope they don't neglect the wine in the process.

I plan to return and would recommend this restaurant to my friends.