Review Highlights
Not just Golf

We love to hike the trails at Bandon Dunes often encountering the local wildlife. Each trail is... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
vickis956
Bandon, Oregon
via mobile
Beautiful Resort

I am not a golfer, but I love to go to Bandon Dunes for their wonderful hiking trails with its... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
nlbailey
Bandon, Oregon

All reviews old macdonald bandon dunes hole par four courses mckee's pub practice facility punch bowl the main lodge lily pond great courses putting green pro shop meatloaf practice range hole putting course only criticism the pacific ocean
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

We have been to many resorts. This is the first time that I felt very disappointed because there is so little to do that isn’t golf. No pool. No spa. Even the closets can’t fit a dress! If you are playing golf it’s beautiful. Also the hike around the property has spectacular views. The lodging is very average for the price point.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Visited with 6th friends in August for the trip of a lifetime. From the moment we drove up and saw the Bandon Dunes Lodge where we checked in to our last round of golf on Pacific Dunes, we could not have been more impressed. The location is off the charts beautiful, set up high above the Pacific Ocean. Three courses of the four and the Par 3 Preserve have great views of the ocean and beach, every bit as beautiful as Pebble and Scotland for that matter. The staff were universally friendly including high fives from Melanie getting off the shuttles at the Practice Center. The food was outstanding at each of the restaurants. Our favorite was McKee’s pub where we ate 3 times. Breakfast each morning was excellent and reasonably priced. Food and gear from the gift shops located at the main lodge and at each of the courses were all fairly priced. Don’t miss the grilled cheese at Pacific Dunes or the wedge salad at McKees. The lodging was comfortable with great views and sitting areas for relaxing after a round. There are several trails for hikes or walks on property that give you great views of the courses and the beach. All four courses are in the top 15 public golf courses in the US...and deservedly so. The caddies are great and in my opinion a must. If you are going to Bandon which is a bit difficult to get to, the extra cost of the caddie ($120 per bag per round incl tip) is worth it. I cannot wait to go back.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 4 August 2018

Amazing courses and amazing food! Our caddie was Brian Hobby, and he read all but 3 putts perfectly! He was off by a toe on 3 reads so I give him a 98.3%. Thanks Brian! Actually he read them all great, but I missed by 3 toes! Bravo Bandon for a wonderful experience for my 5th trip there! See you twice again next year!!!

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Five great golf courses. If I hadn’t had to walk I would’ve played more, but my body couldn’t handle it. The first day of 36 holes was manageable, though at times my arthritic hip and bad knees disagreed. The second day of 36 turned my feet into a blistery mess. We bookended those days with single-rounds on arrival and departure days.

The staff at all the courses were super nice. I had a caddie for our first round at the four courses and it was truly necessary to understand the holes. The second time playing them a caddie would have been overkill.

All the courses were wonderful. I rank Pacific Dunes first, followed by Old MacDonald, Bandon Dunes and Bandon Trails.

I loved Trails, but it didn’t feel as unique. Old Mac was enjoyable because it felt fun. There were so many different things that could happen on the holes and there were massive fairways and greens to play with. In severe winds it would be a beast.

Bandon Dunes might be the every day course. It feels easiest with some really awesome holes.

Pacific Dunes has the most variety and the most “wow” holes. Best course I’ve ever played.

It’s odd, but I never once went to the practice facility. I also enjoyed the Preserve, but felt that the $100 price tag was a little steep.

In the end, if you’re a true golfer, then you need to come here. It’s made for us.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 18 July 2018

What a great place. Truly, a golfer's paradise. We (my son and I) stayed @ Lily Pond and used the resort shuttle service (always less than a 2 minute wait) for all the golf and all the meals. Did I say the resort restaurants are excellent? Yes, they are! Delicious, reasonably priced food...The Meatloaf @ McKee's Pub, for example. The Breakfast Buffet in The Lodge...Don't miss a late afternoon lunch @ Pacific Grill or even the Breakfast Sandwich in Old MacDonald's pro shop. Everything is extra special at The Bandon Dunes Resort, particularly THE GOLF. Dream Golf makes the claim that "It is all about the golf" and my son and I confirmed that claim beyond, way beyond our expectations. My most vivid memory is walking out to our 7:20am Tee Time @ Old MacDonald. It was perfect, absolutely perfect. The 4 courses are surrounded by some of the most picturesque coastal land in the world. The golf courses reveal the beauty of this place. We walked and carried along with a Group Caddie, Jared Heman (asked for Jared because he knows and loves these golf courses). We were paired with a young couple vacationing from Pennsylvania @ Bandon Dunes and with an older couple from Boston @ Pacific Dunes...all very good golfers and great people. We played Bandon Trails in an afternoon round as a twosome with Jared narrating! We also played our early morning round @ Old MacDonald as a twosome. All the courses are carefully and politely marshaled. The "standard of play" is "keep it moving." It seemed to us that Bandon Dunes attracts golfers who enjoy the links land challenge and respect the privilege of being on these wonderful golf courses. We want to go back (as in right NOW).

Date of experience: June 2018