Review Highlights
Not just Golf

We love to hike the trails at Bandon Dunes often encountering the local wildlife. Each trail is... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
vickis956
Bandon, Oregon
via mobile
Beautiful Resort

I am not a golfer, but I love to go to Bandon Dunes for their wonderful hiking trails with its... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
nlbailey
Bandon, Oregon

All reviews old macdonald bandon dunes hole par four courses mckee's pub practice facility punch bowl the main lodge lily pond great courses putting green pro shop meatloaf practice range hole putting course only criticism the pacific ocean
Reviewed 4 August 2018

Amazing courses and amazing food! Our caddie was Brian Hobby, and he read all but 3 putts perfectly! He was off by a toe on 3 reads so I give him a 98.3%. Thanks Brian! Actually he read them all great, but I missed by 3 toes! Bravo Bandon for a wonderful experience for my 5th trip there! See you twice again next year!!!

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Five great golf courses. If I hadn’t had to walk I would’ve played more, but my body couldn’t handle it. The first day of 36 holes was manageable, though at times my arthritic hip and bad knees disagreed. The second day of 36 turned my feet into a blistery mess. We bookended those days with single-rounds on arrival and departure days.

The staff at all the courses were super nice. I had a caddie for our first round at the four courses and it was truly necessary to understand the holes. The second time playing them a caddie would have been overkill.

All the courses were wonderful. I rank Pacific Dunes first, followed by Old MacDonald, Bandon Dunes and Bandon Trails.

I loved Trails, but it didn’t feel as unique. Old Mac was enjoyable because it felt fun. There were so many different things that could happen on the holes and there were massive fairways and greens to play with. In severe winds it would be a beast.

Bandon Dunes might be the every day course. It feels easiest with some really awesome holes.

Pacific Dunes has the most variety and the most “wow” holes. Best course I’ve ever played.

It’s odd, but I never once went to the practice facility. I also enjoyed the Preserve, but felt that the $100 price tag was a little steep.

In the end, if you’re a true golfer, then you need to come here. It’s made for us.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 18 July 2018

What a great place. Truly, a golfer's paradise. We (my son and I) stayed @ Lily Pond and used the resort shuttle service (always less than a 2 minute wait) for all the golf and all the meals. Did I say the resort restaurants are excellent? Yes, they are! Delicious, reasonably priced food...The Meatloaf @ McKee's Pub, for example. The Breakfast Buffet in The Lodge...Don't miss a late afternoon lunch @ Pacific Grill or even the Breakfast Sandwich in Old MacDonald's pro shop. Everything is extra special at The Bandon Dunes Resort, particularly THE GOLF. Dream Golf makes the claim that "It is all about the golf" and my son and I confirmed that claim beyond, way beyond our expectations. My most vivid memory is walking out to our 7:20am Tee Time @ Old MacDonald. It was perfect, absolutely perfect. The 4 courses are surrounded by some of the most picturesque coastal land in the world. The golf courses reveal the beauty of this place. We walked and carried along with a Group Caddie, Jared Heman (asked for Jared because he knows and loves these golf courses). We were paired with a young couple vacationing from Pennsylvania @ Bandon Dunes and with an older couple from Boston @ Pacific Dunes...all very good golfers and great people. We played Bandon Trails in an afternoon round as a twosome with Jared narrating! We also played our early morning round @ Old MacDonald as a twosome. All the courses are carefully and politely marshaled. The "standard of play" is "keep it moving." It seemed to us that Bandon Dunes attracts golfers who enjoy the links land challenge and respect the privilege of being on these wonderful golf courses. We want to go back (as in right NOW).

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

The consensus of our golf foursome was that Bandon Dunes is easily one of the absolute best golf & resort experiences in North America. It was apparent that Bandon’s staff are committed every hour of every day to maintaining their reputation as a leader among golf resorts.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Beautiful courses, we played a couple games and had so much fun and the weather was perfect! The staff is super friendly and helpful, we checked out the gift shops and all were great. They even have some great hiking trails which we checked out quick for some great sight seeing and pictures.