“Great Stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

JayC852
Wichita Falls, Texas
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 29 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

My wife, teenage son, 11 yr old daughter, and I stayed here for 3 nights with my wife's sisters, their husbands and kids, her brother and father. In all there were 10 adults, my two older kids, and 8 kids that are 5 and under.

First I would like to say that the setup worked out great. The families with younger kids stayed in the lodge, and we stayed in the cottage with my brother in law and father in law.

I will tell you about the lodge first. It has 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. The bedrooms all have queen beds. It has a fully equipped kitchen with new appliances. It has a large living area with a fireplace, a large flat tv mounted above the fireplace, a couch, a pull out sofa, a recliner and a rocking chair. The kitchen is open to the living area. There are two sets of french doors and windows all along the back wall of the living room. So you have a nice view of the deck and lake in the distance. They also have a nice dining room area with a large table that is right off the kitchen and open to the living area.

Since we stayed in the cottage, I don't know too much about the bedrooms in the lodge. My sisters in law and brothers in law seemed happy with them. I can tell you that one of the bedrooms (which they call the master) is in a loft area overlooking the living room. I has a queen bed and large bathroom with a jetted tub and double shower. There is also a reading nook with some children's books up there. It worked out great for the little kids.

There is a large deck off the living area that has a table and several chairs and a gas grill. This was my favorite spot. It had a nice view of Ft. Gibson lake as well as the land surrounding the cabin. I spent most of my time when we weren't at the lake on this deck. And we spent most evenings sitting out there talking with the whole family.

The cottage is not as rustic on the inside, but it is nice enough. There is a smaller kitchen in the cottage. There is also a living area with a pull out sofa and a couch. There is a dining table that seats 6 in this area also. There are two bedrooms and one bath. One bedroom has a queen bed (this is where my wife and I slept) and the other bedroom has two sets of bunk beds (a full/twin and a twin/twin). The only weird thing about the set up is that the only access to the bunk room was through the bathroom or through the other bedroom. It really posed no problem for us except when my daughter was locked in the bunk room because someone had locked the door leading into the bathroom and I had locked the door leading into our bedroom. Fortunately she had her cell phone with her and called us to let her out.

The deck runs from the back of the lodge across to the back of the cottage, and then up in between the two buildings, and to the front of the lodge. Even though we stayed in a separate building, it never felt like we were far away from the rest of the family. And it was nice to get away to the peace and quiet in the cottage sometimes with 8 little kids running around the lodge.

The grounds around the place are very well kept. The have a fenced in area with a sand box directly behind the cottage, but also very close to the back of the lodge. This was perfect for the kids. They loved playing back there, and the adults could sit on the deck and watch them.

The have free wifi, but you only get 2 Gb free. So you have to keep that in mind especially with a large group. But we were on vacation, and it didn't bother us too much since we didn't have to access the internet too much. My daughter was a little upset that I wouldn't let her stream Netflix at night.

Both buildings were clean and seemed to be well kept. As I mentioned before the lodge kitchen had very new looking appliances including a dishwasher. The range in the cottage looked new as well. The dishwasher looked like it was older, but we never used it.

It is a very nice place, and I would recommend it to anyone. It is especially great for get aways with extended families or for other large groups.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing