“Great fried chicken ”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

We have been here several times before and this time we went during the week. It wasn’t as packed. It still took 40 minutes or so do get out chicken but the people that came in after us got theirs I’m 10 minutes. The chicken was fabulous the okra was really good too. I wish they had knives since the chicken is so hot. Service was good. BRING CASH, they don’t take credit cards. The also don’t serve tea or coffee. It is worth the drive every once in a while.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The chicken was good but unless you like okra all you are getting is chicken.no other sides.if i go back i will get takeout so i can stop and get some fries or something.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I am a Diners, Drive Ins and Dives junkie, so was happy to have the chance to visit this place while in Oklahoma. It is a short menu yes, but I loved it. We ordered two chickens for three big eaters and had three pieces left over - and half our order of okra. The chicken comes out screaming hot and is served on butcher paper. I enjoyed mine with some hot sauce on the side. Both of the waitresses I talked to were very friendly. I think that it may be cash only - not sure, but we had cash. Unique, delicious, fun!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Loved the chicken here. The place has a great atmosphere. It is the oldest bar in Oklahoma. Would highly recommend if you are in the area.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

I was so happy to finally make it here and see this place. Just about everyone I know in Oklahoma has been and now I can see why. The chicken that they are known for is really delicious! It has a cool atmosphere with a kind of laid back, just hang out and have a good time feel to it. It was neat to read the history of the place and see the original bar that is still left and have a drink in Oklahoma’s oldest bar. There is a gift shop to get a souvenir or you can get a beer in their souvenir cup to take home.