“Good food, very friendly service!”
Review of Back Porch Cafe

Back Porch Cafe
Ranked #14 of 60 Restaurants in Grove
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

My sister-in-law was very impressed with her hummus wrap (it wasn't oily). My niece enjoyed her chicken-fried chicken. My chicken tenders were delicious! The waitress brought the honey mustard I requested, and the potatoes and gravy were good. The mixed vegetables were okay. The waitress went above and beyond as she tried to find a miniature golf course for us in the immediate area (she was unable to).

1  Thank JoyceHam

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

After we walked around Har-Ber Village we stopped at the "The Cafe at Har-Ber Village". Very quaint little place that feels like you are going to someone's home for a meal. Nice menu. Our party of 4 all had something different but we all agreed the food was good. The food that was to be hot all came out fresh & hot. The French fries were excellent. The potato salad had large chunks of red potatoes, onions, celery, black olives and my family said it tasted good. Sandwiches & cheese burgers were good & plentiful. 2 of us ordered desert and we're disappointed. The cake didn't seem fresh. I had never had buttermilk pie, boy is it sweet. We got a discount since we had visited the museum this day which was nice. When we go to Har-Ber village again, I would definitely stop again for a nice meal, I'd just probably skip desert. Oh, they also had free wifi which was great!

Reviewed 7 May 2017

Had the Reuben sandwich. Generous amount of meat. Could have had a bit more sauerkraut. The philly cheese, salads, and hamburger looked fantastic. My friends raved about their meals! Welcome to Grove. Friendly staff and quick service.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Our Newcomers Club went to lunch at the Back Porch Cafe located at HarBer Village yesterday. I tried the Fried Green Tomato BLT, and I'm certainly glad that I did. I understand that they are now open Friday & Saturday nights until (serving Prime Rib too!) Not open on Tuesday & Wednesdays.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

This restaurant located next to HarBer Village is quite the find. Good sandwiches, soup, and salads. They have short hours, and are only open during the summer time until early fall - but worth the effort to go there.