“Gravy”

Ranked #19 of 60 Restaurants in Grove
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

As the title indicates, the GRAVY! It was so good. I haven't had gravy like that since my granddad was with us. I never have mastered the art of gravy, probably because I'm more Western than Southern in my cooking. (You wouldn't ask O'Keefe to paint an Antebellum landscape, don't ask me to recreate this amazing gravy). I asked for "What do people come here for?" She brought me the chicken fried steak. It was authentic! If you've read one of my other reviews, you know how offended I get with fake CFS! The combination of the steak and gravy is the highlight of my lake trip. It was so good I was almost done by the time I remembered to take a picture.
Word of warning, don't get in a hurry. They are not quick, and you don't want them to be quick either. Nothing positive has ever been created in a hurry. Once you enter Grove, OK you've entered a permanent vacation attitude. Once you enter Drakes, you've enter the permanent vacation attitude they had 50 years ago. So sit'it down and chill with a sweet tea and enjoy your vacation.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 12 June 2017

On a recent trip to our Lake Home out on Horse Creek Cove, I drove into town to visit Lowe's & stopped in to Drake"s before heading back up Highway 59. I ordered the Pork Chops with a side of Brown Beans & Ham. The Chop was cooked to perfection & the mashed with Brown Gravy was fairly good. The Side order of Brown Beans - pinto beans, actually, were good, but the ham was nothing more that sliced and then cubed sandwich ham - the beans would have been so much better with "REAL" ham.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 27 April 2017

I eat there about once every six month. It is not good,
every I eat there I tell myself to remember how bad it was. Their breakfast buffet is exceptionally bad.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Breakfast is small compared to other places. Have buffet on Saturday & Sundays. Buffet not that great as items are old or been online too long.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 1 April 2017

New owners at Drakes have changes some things and left others alone. The menu is mostly the same however the addition of the steak was a pleasant surprise. The steak was an outstanding value for the quality. I was not a fan of the gumbo being without tomato's but you really need to try the steak.

Date of visit: February 2017