All reviews boutique hotel heated floors hot tub bathroom mirror the rain shower head grand suite new york times tommy bahama toiletries exposed brick lovely boutique chain hotels multiple shower heads complimentary snack basket awesome bathroom private deck small town ohio reading lights
Reviewed 20 July 2017

This hotel is fantastic. It has a great history. The hotel staff went above and beyond anything we could have expected. We were treated in a matter that other hotels could learn from - from the snacks offered upon check-in, to the "FREE" drinks in the room refrigerator, to the continental breakfast delivered to your room at a time that you choose, it made our stay so much more enjoyable. .
If my travels ever take me in the vicinity of Wooster, Ohio again, I would definitely stay here again without question.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2017

I was in town for work I the downtown area and wanted to stay close by. This is my recommendation for a nice place to stay. Quiet, nice atmosphere. The room was just right for me. Nice shower with the rain shower head, heated bathroom floors, stocked fridge. The lobby was a nice place to hang out also. There was free parking in the back of the hotel. The only drawback I saw was the elevator was the slowest one I have ever been on.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Brenda S, General Manager at St. Paul Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Deligirl18, thank you for allowing us to serve you at the St. Paul Hotel. We are delighted to have provided you a home away from home while in town on business. We hope you took some time to enjoy one of our lovely local dining establishments or the new H2 Wine Merchants just next door to our hotel. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I have a client in Wooster and this is my first choice each time I visit. Caution: they stayed booked up so sometimes you can't get a room - I strongly advise booking early. The rooms are beautifully designed in modern European style and they even have heated floors in the bathroom (certain rooms). They serve a continental breakfast, the bed is super comfortable and I love the Tommy Bahama toiletries. You will not be disappointed in this very cozy and friendly hotel. Hands down beats the chain hotels in the area and are comparable priced.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

LL1959, thank you for your continued loyalty to the St. Paul Hotel. We sincerely value your patronage and appreciate you taking a moment to share your review on TripAdvisor! We look forward to your next visit and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 6 July 2017

My husband and I stayed in this hotel over the weekend. Below are the Pros/Cons of our stay:

Pros:
~Located in quaint downtown Wooster
~Building is historic, but inside it is modern
~Were able to get an early check-in and late check-out
~Customer Service was outstanding
~Room was beautifully decorated with comfortable furnishings
~We had our own private hot tub and deck
~Shower was large with multiple shower heads
~Lots of channels available on the TV
~Mood lighting added a nice touch
~Very clean and quiet
~Continental breakfast was quite good
~Slippers and Robes provided
~Nice toiletries provided
~A/C worked wonderfully well

Cons:
~Elevator was VERY SLOW (and small)
~The Bed was a queen bed (for an expensive suite, would have been nice to have a larger bed). My husband is 6'1", so queen is a little small for him, but we still slept relatively well
~The shower took a while to heat up in the morning

This hotel is truly a gem in Wooster. It was wonderful to go sit in the hot tub at night, under the moon and stars. It felt as if we were the only two people there. We would highly recommend this hotel, and we look forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: Splurge for the Hot Tub Suite
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Brenda S, General Manager at St. Paul Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Chops1971, thank you for sharing such a detailed stay of your experience with us at Wooster's only boutique hotel. We are thrilled you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and appreciate your feedback about the elevator and bed. Due to guest feedback, we recently cut the ribbon on four guest rooms with king sized beds. We hope upon return travel to our area, we are able to welcome you to one of our newest king size suites for you and your husband.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Nothing is better than pulling off the highway after a long day's drive and finding oneself in a hotel like this. Every detail reflects the owner's fresh approach to design and his ability to transform an old space into something new and special. No dusty silk flowers or hokey faux-anything here, just comfy stylish modern -- from website graphics to furnishings to the fabulous shower (really). Loved, loved, loved this hotel. Breakfast tray arrived on time, reading lights adjusted to our needs, and we could walk, not drive, to our choice of restaurant for dinner.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Brenda S, General Manager at St. Paul Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Mom_du_Jour, we are delighted you stumbled upon us in the midst of your long journey. We sincerely value your review and thank you for taking a moment to share it with other travelers!