All reviews history lesson cover charge huge tub soaking tub entire building rooms are large bed was very comfortable other guests carol renovation antiques toured elevator furnishings restoring accommodations
Reviewed 21 March 2018

We were excited to see the Steele Mansion and its revival. It is a beautiful mansion, but the happy hour has a lot to be desired. As instructed on their FaceBook page, I made reservations for 5 for a Friday Happy Hour. A little put off at the $5 cover charge to view the mansion, but we went. Glad we made reservations, as there was one other table of people eating an early dinner and no one else at the Happy Hour. I don't believe there were drink specials, as we ordered the least expensive wine for $25 bottle and had a few expensive appetizers. We ate, toured the mansion and left- not too happy.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2018

We visited during cold rainy weather and I had the best time, staying warm and dry while wandering all over the mansion admiring the furnishings and pictures. Hotel staff were very welcoming and helpful. We stayed in the Blue Room with a huge tub great for bubble baths. I used the title because I didn't see that breakfast was included in the booking information. The bacon was perfect.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We were in town for the Atlantic 10 conference swimming championships being held in Geneva. Our team hotel was booked so we booked at the Steele Mansion and are so thankful we did. We were in the Fernery room and were so impressed with all of the details of the Inn. The rooms were immaculate, bed was comfy and bathroom was huge. Definitely worth the drive to stay in such a beautiful inn. Everyone that worked there was so nice too!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed here again for our annual ladies reunion. As the last time I stayed, my experience was absolutely lovely. The Mansion was impeccable, the staff was superior, the service was paramount.
This is the only establishment I will stay in while visiting Painesvlle. Do try the Steele Mansion. You are certain to have a exceptional experience, a cut above several other lodging options.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

I spent the night in this lovely inn. Beautiful room and inn. Very friendly staff. Very clean. I was here over 40 years ago when it was student housing. Wow. They've done an awesome job restoring. Highly recommend.

Date of stay: September 2017