All reviews breakfast room front desk party center great hotel rooms are large the entire staff beyond the call of duty lake erie exercise room sleeping area housekeeping staff would stay here again checking in clean hotel shower head large group parking lot
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My mom, son and I recently stayed at the holiday inn off Heisley Rd in Mentor, OH. We stayed in an executive suite. It had a good amount of room for all of us with a pack-n-play. My son is 9 months old so he also had room for his walker to run around in. The staff were really nice during the week. We stayed there Thursday thru Saturday. Breakfast was pretty good. I’ve had some terrible breakfasts before but this was not bad. The hotel was near lots of restaurants within walking distance. Our recommendation is Noosa Bistro to try for lunch or dinner!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Unfortunately this was not a good experience; IHG management needs to look at the facility here as it is letting the brand down.
We have stopped at many Holiday Inn Express sites over the last two weeks during a road trip across the States and they are usually of a very good standard, however this site is well below average in many aspects.
It starts when arriving; there is one sign at the kerb entrance, then the hotel is behind a large conference centre, with minimal signage. There is none on the actual building itself.
When we entered the lobby, Gary, the receptionist, was chatting on the phone. He failed to acknowledge us, despite being right in front of us. He continued with his seemingly personal conservation despite customers waiting. After a short while the conversation ended, and he attended to us. He was not welcoming or friendly whatsoever. Just demanded our driving licence and credit card. There were no please or thank-yous.
The elevator exits were impressive though, with brightly coloured decor and a large tv welcoming you to the floor. The corridors were equally as good; with modern decor. However the room was a big let down. Despite being large, it was cold and old fashioned. A number of odd walls jutted out, cutting off parts of the room. A 1980s style brown sofa was in a large area, with the TV to the side. Two beds looked into the sink area; the tv was to the other side (if you were sitting on one of the beds you couldn’t see it due to another wall). Tape was seemingly holding together some of the furniture. The shower area was small, and the towels were very hard. The water pressure, however, was excellent. The sink was very slow to drain. When looking out of the room window (which was over a noisy air conditioner), you could see the car park; it was very poorly lit.
The highlight of the stay, and the best and most welcoming and friendly part of the hotel was breakfast. Maria And Linda were excellent; very attentive and knowledgeable. They were keeping the area tidy and well stocked. There were using proper plates, knives and forks; no plastic here. There was even fresh-cut fruit salad! Excellent area; although it does need better signage.
However, this was an extremely disappointing stay at a usually great chain.
Having read previous reviews, including on IHG’s own app, it seems one member of staff is letting down the brand. This is a shame.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mentor (Lamalfa Conference Center), responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi nickss1,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We work hard to deliver a stellar experience for all of our guests. I appreciate your wonderful remarks on our elevator exits and especially the breakfast experience you had with us. Thank you for highlighting this area, I'm sure the staff will be delighted to learn of their efforts.

Although I am sorry for the undesirable experience caused by the check in service, room atmosphere and bathroom facility. I can only imagine the discomfort and frustration you encountered. Any feedback on where we can improve are always appreciated. Be assured that the upper management of the hotel will inspect the items you mentioned for correction.

Again, thank you for your review and your business with IHG. I hope we could be a part of your unforgettable trip should you visit the area again.

Best,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 27 October 2018

We enjoyed our stay while visiting family in Ohio. The room was always clean and very roomy for the price. We ate our free breakfast every morning while watching the news. We will come back again whenever we need a place to stay in Ohio.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

You need to be less than 6 foot tall to fit in their showers. Toilet refilled tank every 30 minutes. Requested repair twice and they couldn't get it done. A $3 flapper replacement would have fixed it. Instead they left a note, "Adjusted the chain, hope that works". Next guy says there was build up on the flapper. 30 minutes after he leaves, the toilet starts filling. I won't be back to this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mentor (Lamalfa Conference Center), responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi richardgpeterson,

We always hope that our guests will enjoy a pleasant stay and it is certainly with dismay to learn that your visit was not as you expected. I am sorry the bathroom facility and maintenance service you encountered was anything less than exceptional. I would like to ask more information about your stay so we can resolve the matter. I sent you a private message.

Thank you for the feedback, we hope you will allow us another opportunity to regain your trust in our hotel. I hope to hear from you soon.

Best,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 16 October 2018

This is my 2nd stay at this hotel in the last 5 months and my colleagues and I plan to stay here on a weekly basis until late January.
The staff is excellent, the rooms are clean and quiet, the location is perfect for our business needs and the breakfast is delicious. If I have to be away from home, this is the place to stay.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
ZeeshanH106, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mentor (Lamalfa Conference Center), responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Ken, thank you for your awesome response! I am very ecstatic that you had a great stay at our hotel. Please come and see us again soon!