All reviews cinnamon rolls patties fluffy pillows desk and chair bagels staff was friendly place to stay biscuits and gravy booked this hotel english muffin nice hotel enjoyed our stay comfortable beds motel hie refrigerator
Reviewed 24 May 2018

Had 2 rooms for 3 nights booked. When we entered the rooms the 1st day, there was a very bad smell in the rooms. We asked the front desk what the problem was and she gave us a can of spray to spray the room with and said that someone would be told the next day. They did put something in the toilet tank but it did nothing to remove the smell. After reading the reviews on this place, we found out that we were not the only ones that had this problem. It may be the well water that is being used in the motel. Plus all the drains (sink and shower) have the smell coming from them. Inside the rooms. the furniture was very out dated and the bathroom is impossible to use (very small with the sink outside the bathroom.

Room Tip: Read the title of my review but they did have a great breakfast bar.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mike B
Chirag P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London I-70, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

Dear Mike B,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are very sorry for we did not meet your expectation. Please, give us opportunity to serve you again when you will be back in this area.
Manager

Reviewed 16 May 2018

On checkout Jamie the front desk receptionist discovered that my family and I had not eaten breakfast. She put together a bag with fruit and muffins for us. Great customer service. She is an asset to The Holiday Inn Express. Thank you again Jamie, we really appreciate you taking care of us.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Chirag P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London I-70, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Dear Kelly L,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express London, OH. Ms. Jaime has been a always friendly and always looking to take care of guest while they are away from home. This is something our entire staff believe and always ready make our guest stay more relax ad enjoyable and make them feel like home away from home experience. We will share with Ms. Jaime and our rest of our staff so we can continue to deliver great service. Please, allow us to serve you again when you are back in this area.

Manager

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Had business dealing in London Ohio so coworker and I booked room at Hie. Stay at Hie's routinely and never had any issues. This is by far worst one I have ever been in. Peeling paint in room, broken lamp shade, hole in shower, pool was freezing and scum ring around the cesspool. Also in lobby area there was tile saw with open blade that was blocking vending machine. I have nothing positive to say and just hope I didn't acquire any buggy friends to bring home to my family.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London I-70, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Hello Steve L,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests and for that please accept my sincere apology for the overall condition of the room assigned to you. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I’d like to contact you privately so we have sent you a private message.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts. I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 21 February 2018

My sister and I were on the way home from visiting a niece. We meant to stop in Columbus, but traffic was too heavy and we missed the exit. So we saw a sign for Holiday Inn Express and that is a trusted name for us. It's really our "go to" place to stay when we travel. So we pulled in. We paused a little when we first saw the building - older, not really what we're used to seeing in a Hie. But what the heck it's only one night. The lobby looked typical HIE. Nice, current furniture. Except it smelled....dampish musty. The elevator...old. The room...small. The bathroom...impossibly small. Some people like the sink outside the bathroom. I do not. Back to the bathroom. Shower only no tub. The shower door only opened from one side but the grab handle is on the opposite end of the shower. No towel bars ANYwhere in the room. Not one. No place in the bathroom to set your toiletries except one small shelf in the shower at the end opposite the door. Tap water smelled and tasted bad. Grout in shower coming off. Nice floor though.....looked new. Beds....eh. not as good as I expect at a HIE but not horrible. Haven't had breakfast yet, but I'm not expecting much. I can only figure this place used to be something else and recently became an HIE and they're trying to renovate a little at a time. I would not stay again. The saving grace for the night was the recommendation from the front desk to have dinner at the historic Red Brick Tavern in nearby Lafayette. Really cool former lodging and tavern house built in 1837. Six former presidents had stayed there. I had deep fried walleye and red skinned potatoes which were absolutely delicious.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Paula A
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London I-70, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Hi Paula A,

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with our property particularly with the size of the room and the cleanliness of the property. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay and your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that you would still consider staying with us again in the future.

Regards,

Christian C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 15 October 2017

No wifi working. Issues with dirty water on first floor. Ice came out yellow and so did water on second floor. Spoke to front desk help she told us that she thought the water problem had been resolved. Guess not. Will not stay here again and we stay here before with no serious issues.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank skidkid6119
Chirag P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London I-70, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear Skidkid6119,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express London, OH. We are sorry for any inconvenience with your stay. We are on well water and we will take all necessary action to resolve any issues you had during your stay. Your feed is very important for us and we will use to coach our team. Again, We are sorry for any inconvenience with your stay.