Review Highlights
Great place but give the pigs a proper mud hole

Reviewed 4 June 2018
I629OPlisab
Hereford, United Kingdom
via mobile
Kids zoo, pick some fresh fruit.

Always a good place for a couple of hours break, kids love it as they can pick fresh fruit and... read more

Reviewed 4 November 2017
Terry252
Cambridge, United Kingdom

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 October 2018

I love visiting this PYO Farm every year. The selection, quality of fruit and vegetables is excellent. Their Cherries are the largest, juiciest ones I have ever eaten consistently from year to year. In fact, I do not buy Cherries from anywhere else now. There is a small animal farm and playground for the little Children. A quaint Restaurant and Shop if you do not feel like picking your own. "Big" and small children love to pick and eat too.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Had a lovely day. 5 grandchildren all enjoyed picking strawberries, raspberries, cherries sweetcorn and plums . Even a 2yr old was able to pick all the fruit . Have been to court farm a few times and will defiantly be back .

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Unless you are willing to be told how much u must spend avoid I was told I must spend 8 pound minimum just to pick some strawberries. Although I'd likely spent more anyway I don't like being pressurised into doing so. Very disappointed with a wasted journey won't return. Very rude member of staff.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely place great fruit, kids play area is great only critiszm is the poor pigs need a propper hole with some proper mud, yes they had a hole by the fence but the larger ones couldn’t roll and was squeezing her self into a small trough filled with a bit of water, some may think I’m being obsessisive but in my world, animals over people, keep up the good work though

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 11 January 2018

Court Farm is a family run business, and I have been going there for years and years, so much so that I used to go when Mr and Mrs Powell ran the PYO. Of course things change with time, but what doesn't. The reason that the minimum charge was implemented is because clearly people take advantage of the fruit, and eat far far more than they pay for, if they didn't charge for at least something then they would lose money, I have seen with my own eyes people taking advantage of this and it is such a shame that people can be so ignorant. You can ask any member of staff this, and also Mrs or Mr Gilbert (Mr Powell's daughter and husband) who currently run the farm as they are always around and eager to help wherever possible. All of the staff are local and are all lovely. Yes it's true that you need to pay for punnets or baskets (just as you now need to pay for carrier bags in store), because I can just imagine the waste as people used to always leave theses out in the fields. BUT you can bring your own! They will even weigh the containers for you and take off the weight at the end when the weigh the fruit. The farm is immaculate, there is plenty of parking always, and the shop is always well stocked. I will always continue to be a customer of Court Farm, as they are a great family run business, which I will share with my own family for years to come.

Date of experience: July 2017