All reviews sausage stayed here the sofa bed beans breakfast was included duty manager room was clean next door the pub long journey air con free parking would stay again family room car park yogurt visiting family
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with some girls from work as training in Birmingham, missed not having a bath in the rooms, really clean and great staff on hand to help.
If you meet Josh you will love him he keeps you entertained he is so funny and keep you smiling all night.

Really great staff member.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
ManagerEXHI, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Oldbury, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for scoring us an excellent 5 out of 5 following your recent stay with us here at Birmingham Oldbury.

Although unfortunate we do not have baths here at the Express, I am pleased to see this did not deter you from having a great stay.

Please rest assured I will make Josh aware of your comments and we all hope to welcome you back to us very soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

I stay in Holiday Inn Express hotels most of the time, as they are good value and normally offer consistently high service and quality of accommodation, probably stay in them around 20-25 nights per year.

This is the first time I have had anything other than a mild complaint about the chain. And to be honest, this hotel is so dreadful, I will not be back, ever.

From a tortoise like check in, to no interest from staff to issues that arose, to a pedestrian pace from them trying to resolve their mistake over the billing of some of the rooms, this stay was a disaster. I was with nine colleagues and it was embarrassing.

Avoid, avoid, avoid.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Oldbury, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Hello Charlie L,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your time in our hotel due to the slow check- in, the level of service you received. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 21 April 2018

It's a Holiday Inn Express so very much a standard product - but in excellent condition.

One member of staff, especially, excelled himself - very welcoming & helpful for the much improved breakfast. Then volunteered to extend my car park stay - and offered me a free drink.

Good price too - I'd definitely stay again

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Dear WesterRossHighland,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your most recent stay here at Birmingham Oldbury.

It is always a pleasure to hear such great comments and I am delighted to enjoyed all aspects of your stay from the free car parking to the express breakfast provided.

We always strive to offer excellent value for money and we look forward to welcoming you back to us very soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

I have recently returned from a weekend break to see family in Birmingham. I was part of a large family who came and we all had a room at the hotel. We all arrived together and the guy on reception couldn’t have been more helpful and friendly! Bradley (with a beard) sorted out each room and even tho we hadn’t booked all together we asked if it was possible to have rooms together, after saying it was unlikely this kind man gave us rooms on the same floor and were all next to each other! It’s unusual for a receptionist to be that helpful and friendly, every time we saw him he was smiling and happy to see us! Full marks and a big thanks to him for making our stay so pleasant.
Our room was clean and had everything we needed, our only complaint about the room was the bed as it dipped in the middle of the bed, we didn’t complain as we were happy to make do with me sleeping in with my daughter on the sofa bed!
One of our party had a problem with the extractor fan in the room, they complained to reception and the room was changed with a full apology and no fuss was made.
One of the other rooms had a pipe split in the shower and soaked everything, a call to reception was made, Brad, on reception came up with his tools and a new pipe and fixed it! Again having a smile in his face and laughing with us!
Breakfast is the hotel was included, a good selection of food from a hot breakfast to cereals and pastries, juice and tea and coffee too.
Overall our stay at the hotel was relaxing and pleasant and we’ll definitely stay there next time we are in Birmingham.
One last thing, if you are looking for a nice meal, the restaurant next door is amazing!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa S
ManagerEXHI, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Oldbury, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for your excellent feedback following your recent stay with us here at Oldbury.

It is amazing to hear the team were so helpful especially Brad and I will make sure he is aware of your kind comments.

It is our aim all guests leave relaxed after staying and I hope this experience will encourage you to book with us when you are next in the Oldbury/Birmingham area.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Holiday Inn Express Oldbury Junction 2

The staff booked us in very quickly with no bother, in fact all the staff were really helpful and friendly while we were there. Rooms are comfortable enough for short stays and the beds are very comfy. The only minor thing for me is that there is no plug by the bed to charge your phone during the night and as I use my phone as an alarm clock it’s a minor problem.
Considering the fact that the hotel is very close to the M5 motorway junction and on the side of the Wolverhampton road a very busy duel carriageway, we were not bothered by any road noise.
The free parking and free breakfast is a bonus. When it’s free you always wonder if it’s going to be any good but the food was to an acceptable standard. Overall about a 4 out of 5.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us here at Birmingham Oldbury.

I am pleased to see this was an enjoyable experience for you, we provide a great location for a short overnight stop with our convenient position close to the M5 Junction 2,

The team will be delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and in addition one of the improvements we are looking to make is to add USB points next to the beds in some of our rooms and this is something we implement very soon.

We do hope as you enjoyed your visit you will return to us in the future.