Alton Towers Hotel
US$126
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
2,826 results
All reviewsexplorer roommoon voyagethe secret gardentheme parksplash landingswater parkalton towersevening entertainmentthemed roomsfamily roomsingle bedpirate shipmy daughterwoodland walksanta sleepovercbeebies landstandard room
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed for one night in the Easter school holidays, we arrived a little earlier than check in time and were pleased to find out room was ready.
Rooms are really nothing special other than the decor, if you'd neutralised everything it would have been on a par with a Premier Inn, only not as clean. Surfaces in the room were quite dusty, made all the more obvious by how dark all the furniture is.
Kids enjoyed there (almost) separate area - maybe a curtain across this would have added to how separate it was?? They loved the xbox and were more interested in this than the entertainment in the hotel. Bathroom was tiny for a family room, I think some of the bathroom space is compromised to allow the children's area.
There was absolutely no information in the room regarding facilities of the hotel, not even the telephone number for reception or WiFi details.
Considering what we paid I was a little disappointed, but the kids enjoyed themselves and it was only one night.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
AltonTowersCS, Customer Services at Alton Towers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Pumpkin503,

Thank you for taking the time to review Alton Towers Resort on Trip Advisor.

We were sorry to hear that there were aspects of your visit that proved to cause disappointment – Rest assured that we are very grateful for all feedback and will act upon such, as it allows us to ensure that we're delivering the most amazing experiences to every single guest who visits us.

Your comments have been duly noted and we will use your feedback to improve the guest experience as part of an ongoing review.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have stayed at this time 4 times previous over the past years and always had a great time. The last time I went was around 3 years ago. For my daughters birthday I booked a two night stay for the family to celebrate. Where do I start, ...... after we checked in we went to our room only to find it stunk of ‘weed’, I let reception know and in fairness they did genuinely apologise. The bar did not have any ice and all drinks had no fizz as know new how to change the gas. The breakfast is now a joke, no plates or glasses and you continuously have to wait to get a table. The staff seem all new and are note helpful, they seem like students. What a shame , I paid £840.00 for two rooms for two nights, it is not cheap, but it is now the same standard as a holiday inn express, what a dame shame. I will never go back.

Stayed: April 2018
2  Thank Simon T

Dear Simon T,

Thank you for taking the time to review Alton Towers Resort on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We’re just back from a stay at Alton Towers for my little boy’s 3rd birthday - we stayed in the Peter Rabbit room. As previous reviews have stated, it is dated and could do with some work. But the little ones loved it and that’s what matters. The staff at the hotel were helpful and friendly.
Parking was irritating as when we turned up at 1pm there were no parking spaces so we drove up to Splash landings and parked there - helpful staff did later offer us an empty VIP space in our own hotel car park which we appreciated. The food in the Secret Garden restaurant was average. Kids dessert - ice cream factory - also disappointing, with no chocolate etc and no sauces. I’d advise choosing something else. Service was very good, however.
The entertainment was great, our little girl really enjoyed herself.
The downside to this hotel is the noise - the singing could be heard clearly in our room when we were trying to get the children to sleep at 9.30pm, with shouting kids outside in the courtyard area not helping the matter. There were a lot of inconsiderate people shouting and screaming in the corridors late and very early in the morning, which was less than welcome. Shame since the beds were all comfy and we would otherwise have slept well. Breakfast was adequate, although we had to queue for 10 mins for the restaurant even though we’d booked for 8.45 as required. Overall, we would stay at ATH again, but perhaps in a quieter area of the hotel a bit further from the noise of the entertainment etc.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear emma m,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Alton Towers Hotel on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased to hear that your little ones enjoyed their stay in the Peter Rabbit room. We were sorry however to hear that there were aspects of your visit that proved to cause issues throughout your day – Rest assured that we are very grateful for all feedback and will act upon such, as it allows us to ensure that we're delivering the most amazing experiences to every single guest who visits us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My boyfriend booked for us to stay in the dreamy den room which is the romantic couples room. We stayed here on a Thursday night so it was quieter. We checked in after our spa and the room was really clean and spacious. We had a bottle of bubbly in a bucket on our table with two wine glasses. The room itself was really pretty and so clean. We had everything which we needed such as a kettle, tv, tea and coffee, nice biscuits, a fridge to store some wine and chocolate we had bought with us. The bed was huge! And really comfortable. I highly recommend staying in this room (can’t comment on the other rooms but I’m sure they are nice too) I found the staff to be friendly and really helpful throughout our stay, we also didn’t have to que for our breakfast. The breakfast was a big selection of fry up foods and pastries which was perfect. Overall I would come back again in the future

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Amanda G,

Thank you for taking the time to review Alton Towers Hotel on Trip Advisor.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our Themed rooms. Additional points to your boyfriend for booking this :)
Your review is not just nice to hear, it greatly assists us and guests looking to book their own adventures with us.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I recently stayed at the Alton towers hotel we booked last minute and I would not recommend this to anyone unless you want to leave the resort to eat. I tried to phone all the way down but no one answered!!

On arrival all the restaurants were fully booked and we were offered a slot at 9.15pm the following night!
Queued for breakfast, queued for drinks possibly for longer than we queued for the wicker man!!

We had to take the slot at 9.15 and waited over 1 hr and 40mins for our dinner.

The staff at reception were extremely rude, clueless and very condescending!

On departure we realised we had left a bag. This is easy done as the carpet has a really busy pattern on it!
As we are over 5hours drive away I had phoned the same clueless staff 23times before I got an answer!!
To be told they couldn’t help even though the room we had was literally 100metres from their desk. I was told to email the cleaning staff and my mails kept getting sent back. Finally one got through and they asked what date I had departed.
I had no reply but 3 weeks later they send me an email saying oh sorry can’t find it.

The bag I am not that bothered but the contents had our address on it and if found could have easily been sent on but clearly the contents were more appealing.
Disgusted! I have been to hotels all over the world and have never felt the need to put a complaint on tripadvisor but their communication is awful. And whatever happened to a world where a receptionist couldn’t just ask a cleaner on the way past if they had seen it, radio or phone the cleaners, simply answer the phone or get back to me with carrier pigeon or even smoke signal????Or am I being ridiculous!!

Won’t be back!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank Ma B
AltonTowersCS, Customer Services at Alton Towers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Ma B,

Thank you for reviewing the Alton Towers Resort on Trip Advisor.

We are very sorry to hear that this was the case. This should not have happened and we will pass this on as this is not what should have happened. We can only apologise once more for this.

Kind Regards