“Fantastic Pizza”
Review of Pig & Wheel

Pig & Wheel
Ranked #62 of 151 Restaurants in Bridgwater
Reviewed 5 March 2021 via mobile

Fantastic Pizza from the Pig and Wheel tonight. We had the mighty meat feast packed with meat and jalapeños and a seafood pizza which was the best seafood pizza I have ever had. Pizza base is thin and perfectly cooked - toppings were flavoursome and just the right amount.
We have had several takeaways from the Pig and Wheel during lockdown and they have always been perfect, great food, piping hot and delivered quickly with a smile.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (7)

Reviewed 28 February 2021 via mobile

The food here is amazing, we have Sunday lunch from here every week without fail, highly recommended. We also had the valentines special, I have to say the steak was one of the best I have ever had, seasoned to perfection, the sear was also perfect. The steak was a beautiful pink from top to bottom and was so succulent you could have cut it with a spoon..
I could babble on all day about the various meals we have had and how good they are (btw try the burgers too!) however I’ve been a chef for 24 years and owned a few restaurants, so take my advice and try it, you won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed 18 February 2021

We came here late last year with friends, after noticing a very hard working, waving Santa. One of our friends is a lactose intolerant vegetarian, who was catered for very well, my husband enjoyed a great burger, med rare, with all the trimmings. My steak was cooked to perfection and our other friend enjoyed a home made pizza, could not finish it so had the rest as a take away.
Today we had a fab takeaway, my husband had burger with a couple of extras and chips. I had a lovely main portion of whitebait with garlic bread and my friend had a starter portion of whitebait. The home made garlic mayo was excellent

Reviewed 15 February 2021 via mobile

As this has been a really strange year for us all theres things we begin to enjoy more, like spending time with your close family and respecting what others cant do and businesses that have failed or failing. Lots of local pubs r going out of buisness and so we decided to look for a pub doing social distanced covid secure deliverys. Being valentines day me and my hubby normally go out but this time we had in tow 7 children and us sitting down for what we thought was going to be bogged standard food. But hell was I wrong. We live up the road and saw this place being taken over from olive Mill and I did have reservations but I am telling you now the food was bang on. We had a lockdown roast and it beat me cooking and actually felt good supporting the local buisness. It was finally nice to meet the owner and say hi. So we all had an adult roast 10 pound each and child roast 6 pound. I will definitely do this again or even try another meal as it was banging. Prooer local lush food, great taste amazing people. So ill put pic up but it was just tipped onto my plate as I was hank Marvin lol. Well done guys in these hard times. And I'm also looking forward to these car meetings as I am proper in to my fast cars and thrills of speed. Hell yeah. Amazing portions couldn't eat it all.

Reviewed 15 December 2020 via mobile

This place actually caught our eye on our way to Glastonbury, thanks to the awesome waving Santa in the car park! We decided to stop off on our way back through. It was dark on the return trip, and lucky for us they had a bright neon open sign on. Without which, we probably would have missed out.
Restaurant was bright and welcoming. Staff was very friendly, and attentive. Food was gorgeous! Menu was varied and competitively priced.
Location has a scenic outdoor garden, bar area, restaurant downstairs. spacious car park and free WiFi. They are biker & dog friendly.
Definitely returning. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: December 2020