“Beautiful St. George’s day gourmet night!”

The Waggon at Halam
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Halam
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Waggon at Halam is an exciting new country bar and kitchen just outside Southwell, Nottinghamshire. Under new ownership we serve fresh local seasonal produce from our selection of Lunchtime, Evening and Sunday menu's. Reservations are taken in our parlour on 01636 813109. We also boast a range of local, regional and national cask ales and a new outside patio area for warmer days and nights.
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Visited for one of their regular gourmet/ themed nights St George’s day evening
Apsolutely beautiful meal loved every course and would highly recommend any themed nights for something a bit special! This is one of my favourite places to eat and I love that everything is homemade locally sourced and seasonal what a great country pub.

2  Thank Mel H

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our meal here. Staff were very nice and the food was lovely. They kept us waiting a while for our desserts, I think they’d just misplaced the order, so when they realised their error they refused to charge us for them. You can’t beat a free pudding! We actually insisted on paying but they weren’t having it. We would love to return again soon and pay full price as that’s what it is worth.

ed2872014, Owner at The Waggon at Halam, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

We are pleased to welcome you anytime and we are happy you enjoyed our food and hospitality. I will pass on your kind comments to my staff.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

3 highly enjoyable courses..a cut above the usual. Good real ale to accompany and a pleasant ambience. Service friendly but a little slow, but it was busy.

I will take your comments on board and implement some further staff training.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I came across the Waggon by chance and after looking on-line at the menu decided to stop for dinner on Friday. The pub was reasonably full considering the atrocious weather outside. The food was excellent, with my parents opting for the belly of pork that was cooked to perfrection, and I going for the steak pie. The waitress did say it would be 25 min as they cook the pie to order, and I have to say it was worth it. The wait was not too long, since my parents had the crab cake starter. Well priced bottle of wine, and great desserts meant this it definitely a place I will come to again.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Called in here for the first time for many years recently. Real Oldie English pub feeling and food was first class. great menu to choose from with something for everyone. Only criticism I would have possibly serve real gravy with the meals rather than the "jus"

We are looking at changing to a more rustic style traditional gravy.